onboard compressor??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-Jay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Well my folks have retired and have decided to buy a biiig boat (75ft) YAY!! They are planning on installing a dive compressor in the rear storage area for when i visit and use the yacht, so any thoughts on what compressor?? Thanks,

J

Oh BTW you do much spring diving up there in Gainsville? Ill be done with my recovery from the eye surgery within 10 days or so and was planning on popping up for an afternoon....

I see you are in St. Pete....

The question I have for you is when are we taking your parents new ride to the Middlegrounds?

And to add my 2 cents to your question, since 75 foots boats aren't a dime a dozen I'll assume you have some financial backing for your selection.

I would consider a diesel powered Bauer Capitano since the power for your boat will probably be diesel as well. You wouldn't want to go any bigger than a Capitano otherwise you would be filling your tanks too fast.

http://www.bauercomp.com/miami/product/mII_DV_D.htm

Dave

A boat that big has pleanty of AC power. I'd go with an electric. What kind of boat?

I'll second the Bauer Capitano suggestion. My compressor came off a Sport Fishing boat
in the Carolinas-it wasn't used much,must of been more fisherman than divers. It had a very long hose to fill remotely. They are a great size to minmize the space the unit takes up onboard and can also put out enough more air for personal diving needs. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom