Votes: 7 58.3%
  • I have them and I hate them all together

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have them but I'd buy a Halcyon again

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whomever dies with the most toys...is still dead

Isn't it hard to die with 4 BCs on? Talk about redundancy! 446, how many regs do you dive with?

O-ring once bubbled...

Isn't it hard to die with 4 BCs on? Talk about redundancy! 446, how many regs do you dive with?

But more important...What color are they? LOL

Mouth Breather once bubbled...
whomever dies with the most toys...is still dead.
Mouth Breather
No, no, no, it's who ever dives with the most toys wins!

- I have never seen a pair but won't dive them because George doesn't like them.

- I saw some, but they scared me more than that chick from the Exorcist so I ran away as fast as I could before they could kill me.

- I had some, but removed the bungee and used it for my pocket loops and compass.

I thought you pro-Halcyon divers would like me to share a recent e-mail that I receievd from a rather prominet wreck diver in Kingston, Ontario area that has quite a nice web site as well - and I quote:

"Hi Mike,
Yes, I like the 100 bunjee wings quite a bit. My girlfriend recently purchased a Halcyon 65 bladder and has trouble staying sideways in the water (left hip down, right hip up, kinda thing) which I've never experienced with my wing since there is less air transfer.

I have not had a single problem with the wing, have not had to replace a single bunjee, or even adjust one. If I were to buy another wing right now I'd get another one exactly like I have now.

I'm sure you can find someone who will support just about any kinda gear known to man. I hope you will talk to more people than just me about what they like, and decide for YOURSELF what gear is best for you in the environment you will dive most often.

Good luck with your efforts in determining what kinda gear to get. I hope you will drop me a line and let me know whatcha end up with, and how you like it. I always like to hear how people like the gear they get."

Sincerely,

Tom

And and, ther are many posters on this message board who sport multiple BC's. Some use traditional jacket BC's for shallow diving, others use BP's and wings for more tech dives.
And yes, I have 3 regs but only 2 are ever used at a time. primary and backup.

Tom takes great photo's and has given you great advice. and decide for YOURSELF what gear is best for you in the environment you will dive most often. So take his advice and stop wasting everyone's time trying to decide for you. There is no way you can get use to a rig and feel comfortable in it if you keep switching. You didnt even give the Halcyon or the other 10 BC's you bought a chance. So you put 5 dives on it and dumped it. Please!!!!:rolleyes:

scubanarc once bubbled...
Tom takes great photo's and has given you great advice. and decide for YOURSELF what gear is best for you in the environment you will dive most often. So take his advice and stop wasting everyone's time trying to decide for you. There is no way you can get use to a rig and feel comfortable in it if you keep switching. You didnt even give the Halcyon or the other 10 BC's you bought a chance. So you put 5 dives on it and dumped it. Please!!!!:rolleyes:

Ditto Ditto Ditto!!! Scuba446, if I read another one of your 700 posts about how you tried this and tried that, switched this switched that, followed by; "Should I try this, should I switch to that?" "Does Halcyon make RED wings" ad nauseum...I'm going to gag. :bonk:

Will you just stick to something for a while...and stop looking for hardware solutions to what is clearly a software problem. :dork:

As your mentor; Anthony (My teeth are so big I need a titanium mouthpiece) Robbins would say..."You are drowning in information, yet you are starving for wisdom!" (After you write him a check to give you advice on how to live your life)

I feel oddly compelled to respond to this thread...

1. Acquire gear.

2. Hover. Relax and DON'T move a muscle

3. See what odd position you end up in.

4. Move tanks, shift weight, etc...

5. Rinse and repeat until you can hover horizontally in step 2.

I have to do this every time I dive a new wetsuit or different tanks, or... Maybe I'm slow but it usually takes me _at least_ 2 dives to get it down right if I had it right before... If you've never had it, well... Keep working :D

Do this with a bunch of different BCs (ideally keeping all your other equipment constant), and see which you hate least!!

Good luck...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom