Votes: 7 58.3%
  • I have them and I hate them all together

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have them but I'd buy a Halcyon again

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba446

Reaction score
I know this have been beat to death with a stick forever, but I'd like some feedback from those whom have OMS Bungeed Single Bladder Wings. Like? Dislike? Quality?

As I said in another post. I have used Halcyon OMS and Dive rite wings. IMO the bungied wings created a noticable amount of drag. Quality is about the same as the Diverite but they ar not halcyon quality. Please!!!! I hope this thread doesn't end up with 694 posts of BS.....

Scuba446 once bubbled...
I thought that this web site was pretty interesting:

http://www.omsdive.com/faq-bc.html#faq-bc
If you're referring to the Halcyon verus OMS comparison at the bottom of the page, the Halcyon wing that they are comparing to is a several year old design. The zipper flap in the 55lb Halcyon wing I have is cordura, not inner tube. And I've never had inflation problems on the dives I've done with it.

No offence, but a OMS vs "other" comparison on the OMS website is hardly unbiased. It's called marketing. The source code for that webpage shows it was updated in September 2002, but they compare their product to a years old superceded product from a competitor. Just look at the old logo on the Halcyon wing. Yep, interesting.

Scuba446, are you getting this wing for single or double tank diving?

A) To be used with the OMS IQ, single for now, twins in the very near future.

Hay buddy

Have a real good look at OMS/Abysmal and Halcyon BCD's, there all made at the same factory. If you look closely you will see that all the inflators and hoses are the same and the only difference is the shape and size of the bladders, with an exception of the Abysmal which uses bolistic proof nylon bladder bags with no bungees. I went from an OMS double to the new Abysmal double bladder, because I only dive wet, but what a difference I'm more stable and in control now with my Abysmal. Halcyon is a great BCD but they cater mainly to the single tank diver and I find there BCD's bladder volumes small. Good luck in you choice.

Master Chief

hi 446,
just wondering, what happened to your Mares Synchro Power Tech???
JP

Where do you get your info from? Halcyon as far as I know makes their own wing and OMS is made by the same company as Sea Elite. Whatever. The one thing I do know is the corragated hoses on Halcyons wing and OMS's is not the same. Even if they were it doesnt mean that the wings are made at the same place. Places that make rubber hoses usually doesnt sew and weave and assemble bladders. I know, I've owned both wings and hated the skinny round 4ft hose on the OMS so I dumped it (along with their crappy inflator) and went with a hose that is the same as the Halcyon's hose but was purchased at Rennakers. I use an OMS wing because I like it. I still own the Halcyon too. The Halcyon is by far superior in quality but I prefer to dive the OMS. One more thing, I hope your not using a 70lb or a 55lb wing on a single tank. These are 2 sizes of wings Halcyon sells for doubles. So how can you say Halcyon only really makes wings for singles. Maybe your right if your wearing 30lbs of lead wearing 131's and strapping on 2 80cft steel deco bottles.

I still have it, but its not going to work with 'twins.'

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom