Votes: 7 58.3%
  • I have them and I hate them all together

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have them but I'd buy a Halcyon again

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMS claims that their wings will work on singles or doubles.

?

The smallest wing they make has a 35lb lift which is big enough for any single tank you use and what ever your wearing. It cant be used for doubles and their double wings are too big for singles. So I would have to say no their not.

Thats interesting - I spoke to OMS Tech Dept and they claim their wings can be used for single just fine...

??

Guess I'll just run with the Halcyon's...

So why are you asking then? Take it from them. Its your money not mine. Then again havent you spent enough money yet switching back and forth between rigs.

Scuba446 once bubbled...
Thats interesting - I spoke to OMS Tech Dept and they claim their wings can be used for single just fine...

??

Guess I'll just run with the Halcyon's...

Didn't you just sell a Halcyon wing?

jamespitt,
Not going the Hogarthian harness this time - going with the OMS IQ.

I did not vote.
I don't own or use an OMS bungied wing, but I have 3 buddies who do. I have a DiveRite backplate and 50 lb wing that I use on singles and an 80 lb wing I use on my twin steell 98's.

Overall they're pleased with the performance.
They all have 100 lb wings. One of them has them on twin OMS 98 steel tanks, which makes some sense but the other two use them on single 80 aluminum tanks. (Why they bought 100 lb wings for single aluminum tanks I'll never know).

The only report of a problem came from the buddy with the doubles. After 4 years of use he expericed gas trapping in the bulges between the bungies, on one side of the wing which made him lop-sided.
It took extra effort to over compensate, and tip himself past center to get the wing to equalize the air distribution again.

Mike D
:blfish:

One of the things thats nice about the halcyon single wing that i havent seen on others is the fact that its a complete donut - not a horseshoe shape. That lets you just stick your butt in the air and vent from the rear valve and not have to do any kind of side to side shifting as you might have to with a horseshoe shaped wing to move air around.

steve

I own a OMS double bladder 100# lift and a Dive Rite Classic wing

I use both of them depending on the dive i am going to do, the Dive Rite in caves and the OMS in the ocean for deep or wrecks

I have not noticed any difference in the drag of the two.

I have used both of them for doubles, and the OMS for single it worked great on the single.

the comparission on the OMS web site is done by an independent testing agency as identified on the top of the report. they are also thesting their own wings against each other. testing the bunggied against the non bunggied.

just my 2 cents based on my own personal experiences

Seriously, nothing to say but ROFL... I am...wait...dang..actually... ****... I am, for once in my life, rendered utterly speechless.

Wait, no I'm not...had a change of heart. That is the THIRD profile pic of a BC you have had in 3 MONTHS. This is bordering on ludicrous. Take it for what it is worth...just pick one and get out and dive....shoot, I'll even dive with you..just come on down here and bring your thickest wetsuit!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom