OMS O2 reg Comments?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jaydee, out of the box, the first stage IP is usually set too high. I have seen them as high as 170. Should be between 135-145. This high you run into free flow problems. This is an Ok reg for 20ft and very easy to work on. This is not a good reg for deep. The problem most run into is they want all their regs the same for ease of service. I still use two until I can save up for new deco regs.

They are OK regs. Simple unbalanced piston design. Tough getting parts for them however. OMS had me waiting for two years for a service kit. They finally just gave my customer a brand new reg, because they never did get the parts for it. I dont like em. I would rather use an Apeks reg for deco.

Good reg for shallow depths but you really don't want to use it for much else than deco above 30ftsw...They are easy to service providing you can actuallyu get OMS to send you a kit...I have found OMS to be one of the slowest companies to deal with...I orderes a couple tanks 3 months ago and they have still not arrived at my LDS...

just my 2 bubbles

I'll second the general opinion on those regs. OK for shallow, not worth a nickel for anything over about 20-30'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom