Oms Iq Harness?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMS IQ PACKS are not DIR- If you want to dive DIR you cannot change the BC platform---Before I saw the light... At 250 fsw with bc on my lap and my knife in my hand cutting those stupid bungees... I had a IQ pack ..Now my friends use that picture on thier X-mas cards ! Dont do that to yourself, for the love of god!

The question was simple:
Is an IQ Pack DIR--- NO
Are some companies better than others for DIR Diving- Yes

JPBECK:
OMS is not DIR- If you want to dive DIR you cannot change the BC platform---Before I saw the light... At 300fsw with bc on my lap and my knife in my hand cutting those stupid bungees... I had a IQ pack ..Now my friends use that picture on thier X-mas cards ! Dont do that to yourself, for the love of god!

Point to note. Does your statement that OMS is not DIR pertain to your OMS IQ Pack with bungee'd wing, or does it include my OMS one-piece harness and no-bungee wing? Don't forget, even Halcyon makes equip that is not DIR.

I have a question how many quick releases has anyone seen happen personally and with what gear? I have never seen those break on gear that has been taken care of. Was just wondering as I am always looking for more knowledge

mempilot:
Point to note. Does your statement that OMS is not DIR pertain to your OMS IQ Pack with bungee'd wing, or does it include my OMS one-piece harness and no-bungee wing? Don't forget, even Halcyon makes equip that is not DIR.

IQ Packs Are not DIR---Nor are the Bungees thingys!

Yes I know those greedy bastards do sell things that are not DIR-However they have never claimed that they founded DIR either..
But thanks for making me type more! Just Kidding!

I have seen them get crushed on the way out to the dive site - Which made the buddy not dive too---120 bucks down the crapper!

Under water I have had Basic Students have thier buckles unsnap...
Dont get me wrong it took a long time to get used to not having a buckle - But I would not dive with anything else but a Harness system with simple wings today!

I can dive with anything...But I choose a Harness with wings... Plain Jane Joe is what you can call me!

The guy doing the report was not a DIR diver- He didnt even see why not having a toggle on the dump vavle is a good thing or a continous webbing for that matter. Now if was a cave diver or a wreck diver that dove with DIR thinking and gave it a bad review than I might say that it belongs here in the DIR Post section--- But he isn't so it doesn't - Unless your trolling I dont see why that is in this post--- Maybe --- Am I wrong?

I have an Eclipse Wing- and I think its fine- Nothing Spiecal about it its just a bladder... What's the Problem? It does it's job as far as single tank dives goes... Dont see the contraversy...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom