OMS dual cylinder travel band system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MidAtlantic

Reaction score
I am looking for feedback on this type of independent double system. I would welcome comments on other types as well but am very interested in anyone’s reel life experience with this particular product. Tanks in advance. :wink:

I am one of indepedent double divers. Get Aqua explorer travel band. That is the best one.

hoosier:
I am one of indepedent double divers. Get Aqua explorer travel band. That is the best one.

Dan (Aqua Explorers) has two types (if he still has them) one of a composit material and the other is SS.

I have the SS one, I think it is sturdier, I don't use it much, but some people on the boat I go on use it regularly and theirs is over 10 yrs old still going.

http://www.aquaexplorers.com/

DEEPLOU:
Dan (Aqua Explorers) has two types (if he still has them) one of a composit material and the other is SS.

I have the SS one, I think it is sturdier, I don't use it much, but some people on the boat I go on use it regularly and theirs is over 10 yrs old still going.

http://www.aquaexplorers.com/

Dan doesn't use the composit one anymore. The current one is all SS. It is hard to beat his band. Even, you can use 3/8 bolt instead 5/16. That is, it is very solid. I have sold one extra set to the board member.

I made the switch to diving independent doubles and I love it. I decided to go with the kit from Ultimate Products rather than the Aqua Explorers, even though the cost was more, because it looked like a better build to me. (I haven't had the opportunity to compare them in person, just in pics.) The UP system is fantastic.

http://www.quickdrawbracket.com/

Yes. we know that one, but it was pricey. So, I got the Aqua one...

Yes, they are pricey, but (again only comparing in pics) the UP bands appear wider and also appear to wrap around more than the AE bands. That's why I shelled out the extra cash, I wanted the extra stability. The UP bands are so stable they claim they can be used even with manifolded twins. I've never tried it and probably never will, but that's what they say. They're made from machined aluminum and are rock solid. I also have the UP quick draw pony bottle bracket, which is equally nice.

beezwax:
Yes, they are pricey, but (again only comparing in pics) the UP bands appear wider and also appear to wrap around more than the AE bands. That's why I shelled out the extra cash, I wanted the extra stability. The UP bands are so stable they claim they can be used even with manifolded twins. I've never tried it and probably never will, but that's what they say. They're made from machined aluminum and are rock solid. I also have the UP quick draw pony bottle bracket, which is equally nice.

You mean the "up cam band". They are using the simple SP cam band. That's it. Nothing is special to me in my veiw point. You can get the same hinge buckle at $15 from DR. I don't think anyone want to try it with the manifold, maybe a dual yoke manifold though (I have used it before).

hoosier:
You mean the "up cam band". They are using the simple SP cam band. That's it. Nothing is special to me in my veiw point. You can get the same hinge buckle at $15 from DR. I don't think anyone want to try it with the manifold, maybe a dual yoke manifold though (I have used it before).

No you misundertood my post, I wasn't talking about the cam bands/buckles (which are exactly like the scubapro cam bands as you mention-- they're stainless steel). I was talking about the twin system itself, which is machined aluminum.

EDIT: I just reread my previous post, I see where the confusion is. I wrote "UP bands", meaing the Ultimate Products bands, not the webbing and buckles. I think the Ultimate Products system looks like it's wider and/or wraps around the tank more than the AE (Aqua Explorers) system. But again that is only my guess based on the pics...I do know that the UP rig holds the tanks solid.

Back
Top Bottom