OMS dual cylinder travel band system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I admit that UP band looks fanciful, but AE SS must give more benefit due to the weight. What kind of tank are you using for the travel band? Almost 99% of users seem to use AL80s, so you can drop some weight from your belt. In addition, their holding pressue is more than enough for the travel band.. The cheaper is always good to me :wink:

If you say the AE system works well, I have no reason to doubt you. Glad to hear it. As I've mentioned, I went with the UP system because it looked like it would have a greater contact area and thus be less likely to have any shifting. But if you say the AE system holds solid I believe you, and it is a better value. Weight wasn't a consideration for me-- the UP system is actually pretty heavy anyway (even though it's aluminum, it's thick) but I use a SS backplate, so that with two tanks is quite enough weight on my back!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom