OMS backplate annoyance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bishop

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, I want to widen the crotch strap opening as that I want to use two inch webbing. What sort of tool would I use to go through the SS? Is there a drill bit out there I could use?

I used a small angle grinder to lengthen the slot, then touched it up with a rat tail file, and finished smoothing the edges with some fine emery cloth. Took about 20 minutes in all, and worked great.

Just dont get crazy with the grinder. I stopped and checked my progress with a piece of webbing frequently to assure a good fit.

I tired the folding things already but the webbing is way too stiff right now. I dropped it off by the machine shop today at work and they had it back to me 10 minutes.

your right, thats why i used Seat belt webbing, it folds EZ and is softer than the Harness webbing. I was worried about it chaffing my drysuit with all the walking i have to do locally to get to the water.

Andy

Back
Top Bottom