Oms 21w Hid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kuster500

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently have been in the market for a new light, and I was going the choose the 21W OMS HID light. When I went to order it, the shop said they were currently redesigning it and it hadn't been released yet. Has anyone heard anything about this?? Thanks

kuster500:
I recently have been in the market for a new light, and I was going the choose the 21W OMS HID light. When I went to order it, the shop said they were currently redesigning it and it hadn't been released yet. Has anyone heard anything about this?? Thanks

That is Correct and there is no firm date for it's release just yet.

Given OMS's track record regarding new products, expect it to come to a store near you very, very soon...

Like, April. In 2010.

Boogie711:
Given OMS's track record regarding new products, expect it to come to a store near you very, very soon...

Like, April. In 2010.

Boogie I am honestly curious to know - what's your problem with OMS? ( this is not your first swipe at them)

Is it personal? Did you buy a bad product? Did someone there offend you? Is it peer pressure?

We have sold and seen it all and they all of them have good products and bad. In fact right now the OMS 10 watt HID is one of the nicest lights around and many of there aother products are also very good.

Halcyon is currently losing it's flavor of the day status so whose band wagon will the self proclaimed "in crowd" jump on next, especially if halcyon loses the patent lawsuit they launched and go out of business.(From what I hear it's not looking good and they are being counter sued)

I am waiting to be educated, please tell me what I need to know as I don't claim to have all the answers.

Dive Source:
Boogie I am honestly curious to know - what's your problem with OMS? ( this is not your first swipe at them)

Is it personal? Did you buy a bad product? Did someone there offend you? Is it peer pressure?

We have sold and seen it all and they all of them have good products and bad. In fact right now the OMS 10 watt HID is one of the nicest lights around and many of there aother products are also very good.

Halcyon is currently losing it's flavor of the day status so whose band wagon will the self proclaimed "in crowd" jump on next, especially if halcyon loses the patent lawsuit they launched and go out of business.(From what I hear it's not looking good and they are being counter sued)

I am waiting to be educated, please tell me what I need to know as I don't claim to have all the answers.

I think OMS makes crappy stuff, and the stuff they do promise to make, never shows up. See: Galvanized Tanks. Or the Single Tank wing which was on their website for 10 full months before it began shipping.

Plus, Their rep for just talking crap is notorious... remember the staffers who "left Halcyon and were going to make DIR stuff for OMS."

And I'd be happy to give you the names of people who will attest to their crappy customer service.

(In terms of the "stupid crappy stuff" file, see: slobwinders or 100 lb wings... I'd be happy to continue, if you wish.)

Oh, and by the way - I have never bought a single thing from Halcyon. I do have a Halcyon lighthead on my stealth Cannister light, but I bought that used. That's the only Halcyon piece I own.

Well im gonna say that the 10w light is EXCELLENT and very competitive in prices and would recommend it to anyone so if the 21w is gonna be the same im sure it gonna be nice and i also love there new wings

But i have to agree that OMS CUSTOMER service really sucks !!! and i have taken it directly to them and they just proved my point to a greater extent

But like i said the light itself is gonna be great once its out im sure

Boogie711:
I think OMS makes crappy stuff,
Me thinks not. I dive OMS and love it. I also have Halcyon. No difference.

Boogie711:
and the stuff they do promise to make, never shows up. See: Galvanized Tanks. Or the Single Tank wing which was on their website for 10 full months before it began shipping.
They called you and promised you something. I'm impressed with your importance. I own the single tank wing. Great product. 10 months - that's called marketing and developing product demand. Chevy has been advertising the new Corvette now for several months and it won't be available till much later in the year. Bad Chevy. Bad, Bad, Chevy.

Boogie711:
Plus, Their rep for just talking crap is notorious... remember the staffers who "left Halcyon and were going to make DIR stuff for OMS."
Why'd they leave Halcyon? Hmmmm.....

Boogie711:
And I'd be happy to give you the names of people who will attest to their crappy customer service.
They've been very easy to deal with, but then again, I'm not calling them to troll.

Boogie711:
(In terms of the "stupid crappy stuff" file, see: slobwinders or 100 lb wings... I'd be happy to continue, if you wish.)
Product diversity. Do you buy every weird product you see on TV? I bet somebody has a use for it though. Let see, Halcyon Drysuit Gaitors on page 22 of their catalog.

Boogie711:
Oh, and by the way - I have never bought a single thing from Halcyon. I do have a Halcyon lighthead on my stealth Cannister light, but I bought that used. That's the only Halcyon piece I own.
Did you steal the Halcyon lighthead? Or did you forget you bought it?

DS1:
Well im gonna say that the 10w light is EXCELLENT and very competitive in prices and would recommend it to anyone so if the 21w is gonna be the same im sure it gonna be nice and i also love there new wings

But i have to agree that OMS CUSTOMER service really sucks !!! and i have taken it directly to them and they just proved my point to a greater extent

But like i said the light itself is gonna be great once its out im sure
I was looking at the 21 also. I like the 10, but I'll wait for the new 21. I agree with you on the value. OMS delivers quality product at a reasonable price.

Mem - easy now buddy. No one is stealing anything. I said "I never bought a single thing FROM Halcyon." As in, purchased from. I do own one single solitary Halcyon product.

I'm merely responding to Brian's comment about Halcyon being the "in thing."

Just having some fun Boogie. Genesis has been too quiet, so just stirring the pot. Just kidding. Anyway, what is your personal experience with OMS? I'm currious since mine has been such a 180 from yours.

PS. You made it sound like I was going to die on my next dive! LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom