OMG whats up with the Flex hoses???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also, rubber is not scratchy.

I am putting together my sidemount regs over the next month or so.

Based on the rental regs I used, that is the reason why both the hoses that go around my neck will be rubber. Only my HP and inflator hoses will be flex.

Another thing I like about my rubber HP hose (that I found out about by accident), is that if I forget to clip off my pressure gauge it will still be in the same place, even un-clipped while horizontal. Take THAT flexi-noodle-hose!

I am putting together my sidemount regs over the next month or so.

Based on the rental regs I used, that is the reason why both the hoses that go around my neck will be rubber. Only my HP and inflator hoses will be flex.

Why even bother with flex at all? They're demonstrably inferior, more expensive, and a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Why even bother with flex at all? They're demonstrably inferior, more expensive, and a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Flexability to hose routing reasons.

Honestly with exception of my long hose all the hoses on my rec and pony rigs are flex hoses.

Flexability to hose routing reasons.

Honestly with exception of my long hose all the hoses on my rec and pony rigs are flex hoses.

Do you have pictures of your "rec and pony rigs" with "flex hoses" under water?

I swapped all mine over to flex. I have three brands currently if I remember correctly. My blue 2nd stage is a scuba choice as well as the blue inflator hose, my yellow is an sopras scuba and my black HP is a termo from Israel. The scuba choices I got great deals on eBay as well as the termo. The sopras I got locally as they are here in south Florida. I’ve been nothing but happy. Though I’m not a tec diver.

Attachments

• 0FA64754-83E4-44E1-B51E-518FC48FEA79.jpeg
    0FA64754-83E4-44E1-B51E-518FC48FEA79.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 116
Nevermind. I just realized I should stop, perchance to think,.....what is happening to my mind?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom