Omega Aquatics Amphibians Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Levitate you out of the water, check. Don't worry I am working on this new version now. It should be ready by Friday, but I will wait until next Dema to let anyone see them ;-)

~Jess

p.s. The levitation version will have even fewer parts than the flip version, but it might cost a little more

I saw the Amphibian fins at DEMA too, under glass in the new product section, and their appearance made me chuckle.

Last week I took a pair diving in 6 foot seas, with moderate current, 50 miles west of Key West.

They were great in the boat, walking around carrying tanks on the pitching boat, and getting ready to dive, especially walking to get my big speargun and stringer while fully suited up.

Once in the water, after a back roll entry, they lock in with the first kick, hands free. They are powerful fins, like top Mares or Cresssi-sub power fins.

The biggest disappointment was that the boat had no ladder or platform, so I had to strip my gear off and pass it up, and then kick up onto the gunwale.

I've since walked up steps, over curbs, stepped up onto chairs and kneeled on both knees... all with my Amphibian fin blades flipped up. (It's like walking in ski boots.)

Yeah, now I'm the FL rep for these new fins... and the major dive stores in FL and the rest of the country are all getting a hoot out of them when we walk in wearing them. But after trying them on and walking around in their stores, they are signing on!

The Omega Aquatics Amphibian fins are lifetime warrantied... and not just for one owner.

They are made in the USA, in Illinois.

Size large, (fits 9-11), will be out in about 3 weeks.

Remember, they chuckled at the Wright Brothers too!
And they said, "Dive computers are too expensive... who needs them? They won't sell!"
If you are old enough to remember... "BCs are too bulky, too expensive, too whatever... they won't catch on!"

www.omegaaquatics.com

Chad

Silly as hell!!! :rofl3:

Chad Carney:
And they said, "Dive computers are too expensive... who needs them? They won't sell!"
If you are old enough to remember... "BCs are too bulky, too expensive, too whatever... they won't catch on!"
Chad

from Omega's website:

No. 11 - They make you look cool and confident!
No. 20 - Be first to the food table after the dive!
No. 22 - Gets you noticed on the beach!

These are excellent reasons.

BTW you should read the fundamentals of better diving about dive computers and BC's.

Chad, Mike -

This isn't meant to be a knock on either of you, so please don't take it that way...but I will have a much different perspective on this product when I read reviews like yours from some folks who don't either rep for the manufacturer or sell the fins through their shop.

The idea is pretty cool, but I am worried about the durability of the hinges. The lifetime warrantee is great, but since I would have to send the fin in for repair or replacement, that doesn't change the fact that my dive (and possibly day) is done.

I do in fact have some friends who in turn are friends with the inventor of these fins. They have said nothing but good things about him and what they have heard of the product. However, they have not to my knowledge dove with the fins.

Sorry for my skepticism. I hope you guys prove me wrong. :wink:

gangrel441:
Chad, Mike -

This isn't meant to be a knock on either of you, so please don't take it that way...but I will have a much different perspective on this product when I read reviews like yours from some folks who don't either rep for the manufacturer or sell the fins through their shop.

The idea is pretty cool, but I am worried about the durability of the hinges. The lifetime warrantee is great, but since I would have to send the fin in for repair or replacement, that doesn't change the fact that my dive (and possibly day) is done.

I do in fact have some friends who in turn are friends with the inventor of these fins. They have said nothing but good things about him and what they have heard of the product. However, they have not to my knowledge dove with the fins.

No offense taken gangrel441.

Unfortunately when there are only about a dozen pair of prototype fins in the world that limits the availablity for people to try them until dealers get set up. Yesterday I had another dive store owner and instructor try them in their on site pool... but it's only dealers I have had time to show them to so far. That will all change in about 2 weeks, when the first batch is produced.

For those who don't know, they are being made in Illinois.

Once seen most people realize that the fin is really a very simple design, and it's made of two stainless steel springs, 2 stainless steel screws, a thermo plastic blade and a thermoplastic foot pocket with the most common style of quick release straps. The latch is a part of and molded into the foot pocket.

Consumers will not have long to wait for demo fins, in size large, 9-11. Smaller and larger sizes will follow in spring.

Chad

gangrel441:
Chad, Mike -

Im not worried....Thats what I thought until I tried them....You will see:D They really are good!! I wouldnt have brought them in if they werent:no Come out here and lets go diving and you can try them

Back
Top Bottom