Omega Aquatics Amphibians Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those are nice fins. If the reviews to come are positive I ll buy a pair for my dad who is always protesting about "duck walking" on the boat!!!!

Seem great fins for a site like Tulamben - where the access mostly through rocky pebble beach; can be difficult during wave-up. I will be going there next month.
My question - what the warranty condition - I don't want once the fins in my hand and read silly term condition, example as follows - the warranty does not apply for the use on rocky each for the person with more than xxx kg total load.
I am interesting - unfortunately still can not find in any shop in Singapore & Malaysia.
I checked Dive Right; seem can only ship to USA only.

The warranty is a lifetime warranty.....I will honor it for you, so you dont have to worry about anything...Omega is a great company and thats why we brought them in, besides the awesome new product. I know they will stand behind the product and thats why I say I will stand by it too with warranty.....if something happens, it WILL be taken care of!

Also, we will ship to Singapore, on the website it only says US because we get alot of Fraud and people trying to get us to ship to Hong Kong, Koreo, all over the place.... I have no clue what shipping will be, but if you just pay actual shipping, we will ship it to you :wink:

I got the flipfins timely just before my trip to Bali. Surprisingly it is lighter than my other conventional fins – made of good quality materials.
Thanks to Mike Pedersen for speedup the order and his tip how to use it (the instruction manual on the box not details enough). Need around half hour to fully familiar and feel comfy with this fin.
I love this fins both underwater and topside.
Underwater – although not fast, it is a very efficient fins– not too stiff and not too flexible – it help my buoyancy which is not perfect. I was not getting tired after my dive.
At Tulamben (shore dive) I used this fins at the beach chair, walked through pebble rocky beach to the water easily – enjoyed the wreck diving early morning before crowd – once finish; walked slowly back to my beach chair - little bit show off, remove my BCD and fins, relax and drink ice tea – this was a really good diving. Luckily, at that time the sea was very calm, but not sure if I can do similarly when high waves.
This fins also very useful on boat diving – either in large boat when I need to walk to other side or with small boat when space is limited – and I have to sit with my knee almost touching the other diver in front of me.

I really enjoy my trip – and this fins is one of the major contributor.

Small problem – my 7 years old girl ask the same fins; and she has very good justification ie. First – snorkelling activity require more walking on the beach, and second: it will be safer for a kid to walk with flipfins rather than conventional fins.
I think a good idea to have full foot flipfins too.

Wisnu, I will pass the word on to the higher ups that I have contact with over at Omega....I think a full foot is a great idea as well!!! I know they have plans for a kids fin too....Glad you liked them and a great writeup for others to read about!!

I know this thread is old but I wanted to chime in. I got to use a set of these fins last night in a pool session.

OK I flipped them up I could walk around the pool no problem got in the water no issues. I kicked them into the locked position, I am thinking these are pretty cool. So I do a few easy kicks, good power and feel nice. I decide to give a nice power kick to see how they really performed. The first up stroke of the fin and it unlocks and hinges up on me, I have nothing on the down stroke, and I dont move but a few inches. I had both fins hinge up on me a few time during the whole pool session, by the end of the pool session I had figured out all I had to do was a quick flip of my foot at the ankle and I could get the fins to unlock no problems.

I dont know about the rest of the community but I have no interest in a fin that may abandon me when I may need it most. It is a good idea but a bad execution, my opinion is it needs some MAJOR redesign before it is ready for release.

More than likely those were old prototypes. They gave out old ones to the reps to SHOW people how they worked, but they were just for show. There was a problem like what you said, and thats why they were just prototypes to SHOW people. These have since been fixed a few prototypes ago. I have the most current ones with over 15 dives myself and over 100 of others with customers that were trying them and they havent unhinged once.....

Trust me, they have the problem fixed .....I always get new prototypes due to the fact that they are about an hour from my store....

They have had a lot of design revisions and thats why they arent out yet....

Come drive out here and I will let you try the latest ones :wink:

Sure I will get in the car now expect me on tuesday.... :shakehead
The store has had these for a few months at most, I dont know if they are prototypes or production models. They have MAYBE 10 dives on them. I talked to the store owner the other day and he talked to the Omega rep for our area. The reps answer was I did not have them latched correctly and it was operator error. So back in the pool lastnight, locked them in properly and snapped them in and out on demand. The store owner and the rep believe we have the latest and greatest.
Why dont you send me your newest prototypes and I will jump in the pool with a video camera and see if I can unhinge them for you :D

I'm pretty sure that owning these fins comes with an automatic membership to Dork Divers:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom