Olym C4000Z vs C4040Z

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go to the Olympus web site and you can do a feature by feature comparison of both those cameras (or other Olympus cameras) line for line ...... Its very helpful ( I think you pick a camera to look at then it will ask if you would like to compare them) last I was there ...awhile ago ... they still had the 4040 showing

The big difference off the top of my head is that the 4040 has a brighter lens there for works well in low light conditions. Other than that I think the 4040 has more manual control than the 4000 but I'm not positive about that.

one advantage the 4000 has is that it has a super macro or something. I decided on the 4040 because of the brighter lense. There aren't a whole lot of differences that I noticed when I was comparing them. Brighter is always better when you're taking pics underwater.

Agape is right on the money about the brighter lense of the 4040. If given the chice between the 4040 and 4000, I would probably choose the 4040 because of this. Don't let it deter you from the 4000 though (I bought mine at Costco for a great deal, pluse great return policy). Here are some photos I took with the 4000, no strobe, auto settings except force flash. (thanx Agape)

Cozumel photos
:guitar:

Agape once bubbled...
one advantage the 4000 has is that it has a super macro or something. I decided on the 4040 because of the brighter lense. There aren't a whole lot of differences that I noticed when I was comparing them. Brighter is always better when you're taking pics underwater.

my friend has one i have the 3040 which has the same functions as the 4040.

the super macro should not be looked on as a useable feature as the flash does not work in this mode!

which aint a lot of good under water.

go for the 4040, so what if it doesn't have the supa macro or extra zoom?

if you have to zoom that far to get a picture, it is not going to be a good one

There are three differences between the 4000 and the 4040. First is the 4040 has a F1.8 lens and the 4000 has a F2.8 lens.
The second is the 4000 has a supermacro which will let you get to within 4 inches of your subject. The 4040 has a macro also but you cant get as close. About 7 inches.
The third is the 4040 is more expensive because of the faster lens.
The rest of the controls and functions are the same.
Both cameras take the same underwater housing.
I bought the 4000 because it was about a 100 bucks less and I also like to do macro photography. (not for undrerwater photos) Which ever one you purchase you made a good choice. I'm very happy with mine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom