Oly C-5060

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Anybody hear about the OLy C-5060? I just got the 5050 for about 4 months now when they anounnced it this month. It suppose have 4x zoom. Technology...no one can keep up:D

If you'll do a search for the 5060, you'll find discussions of the pros and cons of the camera. It's been out a month or so and first hand reviews are just turning up. Be gladd you didn't hold out for the latest/greatest. Most of us think it missed the mark by a long shot!

I have just done exhaustive research on the 5050 (including a PM to Dee). From what I gather, the 5060 is Olympus' next model, not necessarily a better model.

I have neither at the moment, but a have deciding on asking for the 5050 for Xmas

True, just wish that the 5050 had a better zoom. I've taken the 5050 on a few dives and i'm happy with it. just need to work on my shots now:)

Thats true.. every place i go now has a 5060 instead

I talked to a couple of Oly reps at the Navy Exchange in Hawaii. They gave me the impression was not the "next" model, but was intended to reach a different audience. The 5060's lenses are quite as good, and the price is not quite as high. I also don't know that there is an underwater housing for that one.

AliKat once bubbled...
The 5060's lenses are quite as good, and the price is not quite as high. I also don't know that there is an underwater housing for that one.
There is an underwater housing coming out if it isn't already, but it is definitely a different housing than the 5050. It also looks like the 5060 doesn't have as "fast" a lense as the 5050.

The housing for the 5060 is a olympus PT-020. I stopped by backscatter today and seen they had both the 5050 cameras and 5060 cameras in stock. I seen a PT-015 housing on display and if im not mistaking they also had a PT-020 housing on display, I could be wrong though as they have so many goodies to look at. I also noticed they also had a fisheye tray on display. I was afraid to ask their price for it as im sure i got a much better deal than they would give me. :D

Back
Top Bottom