Oly C-5060

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Oly PT-20 is the housing for the 5060. There's also a seperate housing for the topside strobe for use U/W and a seperate housing for the topside wide angle lens. So if you are using all three...camera, strobe and WA lens....you've got 3 seperate water tight housings to maintain and worry about floods!

Dee once bubbled...
So if you are using all three...camera, strobe and WA lens....you've got 3 seperate water tight housings to maintain and worry about floods!

A very good point not made anywhere else!!!
Good catch Dee
TedJ

Dee once bubbled...
The Oly PT-20 is the housing for the 5060. There's also a seperate housing for the topside strobe for use U/W and a seperate housing for the topside wide angle lens. So if you are using all three...camera, strobe and WA lens....you've got 3 seperate water tight housings to maintain and worry about floods!
Here is a site with pictures http://www.uwdigitalcamera.com/English/euwdigitalindex.htm

Click cameras at the top then click on 5060 and it will show all three housings that Dee is talking about.

While at Dema this year, I stopped by the Olympus booth and tried out the 5060. I have used a friend's 5050 do know that camera pretty well.

The 5060 is nicer styling but the 5050's lens beats the 5060 hand down. The 5050 has a very bright F1.8 lens, the 5060 is F2.8 I think. The guy at Olympus recommended the 5050 over the 5060 for underwater applications because of it's bright lens.

I bought a 5050 that day from Brandsmart, was only $525 for the kit with remote etc.

Back
Top Bottom