OLED bottom timer...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MegDiver792

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
With the demise of LiquiVision, and my OLED crapping out on my LV bottom timer, I debated the 250$ or so for a new screen, and the possibility even this one will only last a few years. I have one on my scooter, and love not havingto looking at my arm for depth while scootering.

Some web surfing and I came across a company called RJE International, and they make an OLED bottom timer for the Military and dont advertise in recreational channels . Its not cheap at 600$, but I really really really miss my BT on my scooter.

So I purchased one, they come in 2 flavors, wrist, or TAC board configuration. I went with the tac board as it easily mounted with some drilling onto my Dive X/Sierra Scooter..

Its a very simple bottom timer, with the only programmability is brightness, ft/meter, depth alarm, and I think that was about it.

It will start in water. Only thing I dont like, is the unit resets bottom time with 1min on the surface, as sometimes we have a long scooter run, come up to recon, and back down.

But overall, I like the unit, it does what I need it to do,and its built like a tank. If you go to BestSkinsever
(same folks that make the LV screen protector) they will cut a custom size, but dont get the matte, just get the glossy.

For $600 I would just get a Shearwater and if desired, run in gauge mode. Or use as a backup computer.

It's way too big and too heavy to mount on a scooter

Back
Top Bottom