older Zeagle BC help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

herman once bubbled...
I own a Scout and a Ranger, this is def not a Scout. This BC has a cumberbun, SS D-rings and 2 standard tank bands, none of which are on a Scout and all are on a Ranger. It also has pockets and the Ripcord weight system which is not standard on a Scout. The Scout also has a bungie on the bladder, this BC does not. The bladder appears to be fairly large, the Ranger bladder is rated at 45 lbs, the Scout has a 35 lb bladder. The quick releases on the Scout are a lot smaller than these on the Ranger (with the exception of the Xsmall harness) these appear to be the larger size. This is most likely an older Ranger.
The ranger has 4 SS Drings...and the concepts are not SS, neither is the Escape...I will be interested to see what the dive shop says...They are constantly tweaking things and I am sure it is maybe and older or newer version of one of the 4 mentioned...All I know is Zeagle has treated us well and seems to be repitable product...Good Luck...Please Post what the dive shop lets you know as you have got our attention...I have only a breif idea of how old our Concepts are and both the Ranger & Escape are the most recent models...:hmmm:
:wavey:

Which is a discontinued model...I agree with Herman, they weight system is not a kludge...especially as compared to the older SeaQuest BCDs like the Pro-QD where the only thing holding lead in was a velcro strip that had to be 'opened' everytime you unloaded the weight after a dive.

got around to taking it in (yes, I'm a slacker)

LDS sez it is an older Concept. In good condition, the inflator house is a bit concerning to them and should be replaired as it is starting to come undone from the BC a bit.

Integrated weight system fix isn't worth the money, I'm going to continue to use the weight belt I bought w/the soft weights.

I am now on the lookout for a strap to keep the BC from riding up on me, the LDS doesn't sell crotch straps, so off to some online place for me :)

Paul

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom