older Vyper question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Jim Baldwin: You should read the info in Post #3 of this thread. Try it out and let us know if it works.

I downloaded this same manual four years ago and on page 55 it goes into detail on how to change from metric to standard. Could not do it. No standard selection.

I also let other folks that had Vypers have a go at it. They found the same thing. Apparently just a European model. No problem I dove it for three years without a hitch.

Finally gave up the ghost.

I downloaded this same manual four years ago and on page 55 it goes into detail on how to change from metric to standard. Could not do it. No standard selection.

The manual is written for the newer model Vypers. The older ones can't be changed by user options. The software on LiquidImagePhoto.com is the only way, other then give Suunto ~$50+ shipping, to change the 'units' on the green/black Vypers.

I also let other folks that had Vypers have a go at it. They found the same thing. Apparently just a European model. No problem I dove it for three years without a hitch.

Finally gave up the ghost.
@Jim Baldwin: So, your Vyper eventually just "died"? That's too bad. If it only worked for 3 years, that's not very long at all. Was it a battery issue?
hdugan is correct. The newer Vyper manual applies only to the more recent firmware. For some reason, the earlier Vyper models were market-specific and did not have user-selectable units. The Suunto Communicator program that I linked to in Post #3 allows one to make the change. The nice thing about it is that once the units are changed they stay that way. I'm surprised that Suunto was so insistent that I send the computer all the way back to Finland for such a simple fix. Complete flub in customer service IMHO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom