Older Oceanic Delta reg vs HOG Classic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The metal tube will make no appreciable difference at all. Much too small a surface area for the volume of air that goes by it. You would get better results from an all metal 2nd (old or new), maybe a Sherwood Oasis with condensation vanes specifically for this, or the Apollo aftermarket hydration unit.
Depending on what you get and the condition you may or may not get a performance improvement, but I would not make that part of the decision.

Note, if your LDS is doing an unsatisfactory job with your current reg they would not necessarily do a better job with a different reg.

I now have a new LDS.

I feel foolish. I was told and have been thinking that I have an Oceanic Delta 4 second stage.
After doing some research it appears that my reg is an old model Delta. It has a blue ring around a triangular purge button.
I had been debating whether or not I should upgrade my what I thought was a Delta 4. Now upgrading seems like a no brainer.

How much better performance will I see going from this older Delta to a Hog Classic?

A well tuned 'old' reg can beat the performance of a poorly tuned 'new' reg, so relative newness and 'theoretical' superior performance don't always automatically translate into a better-breathing reg, you've got to locate folks who know and care about the quality of their service work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom