Older Dive Rite Question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adamp69

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was speaking to a guy just now about some used gear. He has pac style harness with a Dive Rite Rec wing on it. He said he couldnt Find Anything written on it, like Transpac or whatever. I was wondering if anyone knows what it might be. Im hoping to get a look at it tomorrow.

He also has a full set of cressi regs, as well as a set of posideon Xstream 1st, 2nd and Octo regs.

Also a Oceanic Glo dive computer. Anyone know anything about those? He has a lot of gear. all reasonably priced. definetly gear to do me while i put together a kit of new gear.

The rec wing is a decent doubles wing, horrible for single tank. I have one that I have used for double 72s and double AL80s. If you're thinking that you would use this wing on single tanks, forget it. Buying a BP/W is pretty straightforward if you think simplicity; just stay away from anything other than a plate, webbing harness, appropriate wing, cam bands, and possibly a STA. The simplicity is what makes the system work so well. Less is more!

Buying a BP/W is pretty straightforward if you think simplicity; just stay away from anything other than a plate, webbing harness, appropriate wing, cam bands, and possibly a STA. The simplicity is what makes the system work so well. Less is more!
Fully agree. Don't buy something because it is cheap / inexpensive (aka 'reasonably priced'), or used, just because it is cheap /inexpensive ('reasonably priced'). It is seldom cheap / inexpensive enough to compensate for what you give up.
halocline:
The rec wing is a decent doubles wing, horrible for single tank. I have one that I have used for double 72s and double AL80s. If you're thinking that you would use this wing on single tanks, forget it.
I do not, in any way, recommend buying a Rec Wing for single tank use. I advise against it. I will, however, disagree with the statement, above, as made. I have two Rec Wings. I can dive a Rec Wing with a single tank; my wife can dive a Rec Wing with a single tank. Our preferred wings are our much smaller, single tank wings (Halycon 30, for example). But, with the bungee cinched down tight, the Rec Wing works just fine. So, it is not 'horrible', just far from ideal. However, DO NOT buy the rig you have described, if you want it for diving single tank.

But, if someone happens to give it to you, dive it with a single tank (until you buy something else).

Yeah I bought the gear just so I don't have to rent while I wait to order new gear. As soon as I can decide on what I want, I'll order it. Unfortunately, being in such a small place, dive shops and good gear are in short supply. So I'm sure ill have to order online or over the phone. Anyway, I picked up a set of dive rite regs for doubles, 2 x 1st stage and 2 x 2nd stage. Gauges, small computer, and this harness that I don't know the name of. It has a dive rite rec wing on it. I'm goin to try and post a pic. But for what I paid. I'll save that in rental in no time. But I am going to buy new gear. My dive shop doesn't stock what I'm looking for. Anyone know what this harness is? It's a pack, with pockets for soft weight pouches. Not quick release tho.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 72
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom