Old YS-02 losing power

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hankypank

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey everyone.

So I have been using a YS02 for the last 5 or so years. It was used in combination with a G12 and was perfect for easy travel usage. I had been noticing a few problems with the strobe for the last few dives with the power not lasting long but it really escalated on my last liveaboard trip.

So i started unpacking the gear on the boat. When I turn the strobe on with brand new batteries inserted, the startup buzz sounds stuttered and very slow and the strobes would last anywhere from a few shots to a whole dive so it was a complete luckydip in regards to getting any nice shots on any dive. It has never had any leaks before, but has seen a lot of action. I'm wondering if anyone has something similar happen? I hope it will just be the battery cap that needs replacing but am looking into sending it off for a service (if possible for an old model) or cutting my losses.

By the way I ordered the strobe when living in europe and am now living in Oz so I sent an email to the Oceania distributor for advice.
Cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom