Old tank, steel 76?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bowers

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a tank made in 69 that i got with some lp72’s. This tank however is a tad taller weighs the same and seems about a lbs more negative. Does that sound like an lp76? Or just a different brands version of a 72?
Also I can’t find any 76’s online. Are they hard to find? Are they worth anything?

I had a steel tank which was just a bit longer than a steel 72. It was a 2475 psi stamped tank, and if my memory is correct, it was an 80 cubic foot tank (but that was a while back, like decades). So check the rated pressure, and if it is 2475, it may be a steel 80.

SeaRat

I have a tank made in 69 that i got with some lp72’s. This tank however is a tad taller weighs the same and seems about a lbs more negative. Does that sound like an lp76? Or just a different brands version of a 72?
Also I can’t find any 76’s online. Are they hard to find? Are they worth anything?
Pix! And detailed ones with as much of the stamps and markings visible as possible.

Back
Top Bottom