Old story I know, but ever fresh on my mind/body....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I thought I would try and share a picture of my son's Pontiac after the accident on 'black ice' this past January 09' in MN/-10f. I was in the front passenger seat and was t-boned. The EMS Jaws of Life cut me out and a CAREFLIGHT chopper flow me the 50 miles to the Mayo Clinic....I don't remember any of it!

Not a day will go by 'ever' that I don't offer up 'THANKS' to the Lord/my family/Swampers/friends/Mayo Clinic.

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
When it's not your time, it's not your time. I'm glad that wasnt your time, and that you lived to dive again :) Obviously, the universe has something cool to show you underwater. :)

Alan..wow....So sorry WI treated you guys like that.......And am so glad you are back diving and living a normal life.....

Alan..wow....So sorry WI treated you guys like that.......And am so glad you are back diving and living a normal life.....

We had left WI and was in MN when this happened.......got plans to be in WI this summer for a bit!

I thought I would try and share a picture of my son's Pontiac after the accident on 'black ice' this past January 09' in MN/-10f. I was in the front passenger seat and was t-boned. The EMS Jaws of Life cut me out and a CAREFLIGHT chopper flow me the 50 miles to the Mayo Clinic....I don't remember any of it!

Not a day will go by 'ever' that I don't offer up 'THANKS' to the Lord/my family/Swampers/friends/Mayo Clinic.

Hi Alan,

Thanks for Sharing this with us.

man - that pic sure brings it home. we're grateful to the Lord and the Mayo Clinic that you are still with us. bet your family is grateful too. :)

We had left WI and was in MN when this happened.......got plans to be in WI this summer for a bit!

Darn Minnesota...Almost kills you and then steals our QB...

Damm Dude...You had better hurry up..Summer is almost done. I hear it hit 39* up north last night....

Wow Alan, that is hard to look at, so glad everything worked out in the end. On a side note kinda weird you put this up now, I am studying for my traffic crash test right now that I have on Monday.

I worked in EMS for 5 years, and i have see a lot of crashes. its amazing what the human body can take, and still able to go on. Well i am glad your ok. Be happy you dont remmber it, it's most likely better that way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom