Old SCUBA Fart needs help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phil1951

New
Reaction score
WOW---I wish they had something like this web site back in my day. Oh that's right, we were still using the Navy Dive Tables back then and there was no Internet. After 33 years of diving, I must retire after multiple heart attacks. My inquiry is for some help in posting AAA condition equipment (28 fresh & 45 salt water) in classifieds. I took pictures with good digital camera and the JPEG images are large for detail. I refuse to sell to anyone other than certified divers and simply want only people that will appreciate this gear to be potential buyers. I firmly believe this ScubaBoard community to be comprised of worthy and responsible individuals more so than on other web communities. I am a man that believes a hand shake has honor and conditions that are binding. But also know that some will use my trust to their benefit like I had experienced on "You know where Bay". I lost a wonderful wife last year, and our home 13 weeks later. I need to down size with belongings because restricting living arrangements, and of course the health issues have finally convinced me to stop hanging on to dreams of my youth. If someone would kindly guide me to a possible link of guidelines on JPEG criteria, etc., I would be grateful. I have some awesome gear that has been pampered and serviced properly for years. I promise you won't believe your find when you see this stuff. However, I also refuse to just give it away. It's like new and has many, many years of service left. This is the real deal, and I would be thrilled to see someone as pleased as I have been to dive with this gear. It's better than most of the new plastic stuff they put out today and draws a crowd every time you dive with this beautiful hardware. Divers and instructors have begged me in the past for this gear, but begging won't get it: Appreciation for pampered world class gear and $ will now though. (ScubaPro MKVII, "Pilot", unused D109, NEW Classic BC with original "Air II", & more) OMG---Here we go---What is a "Trackback"? Thanks in advance for your help. P.S. I don't like diving into anything without a "Buddy".

Attachments

• 19780317 ScubaPro Pilot 01.JPG
    19780317 ScubaPro Pilot 01.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 19780317 ScubaPro D109 01.JPG
    19780317 ScubaPro D109 01.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 124
You are right about this site Phil. I was just thinking today, how much it has changed diving from the "good old days" when the only way to learn about new sites was from magazines or the operators themselves, or to luck into a possible buddy on a trip was pure chance.
With SB you can read posts to do research, post inquiries such as yours, meet lots of fellow divers, etc. It is am amazing improvement to be able to reach out into the world of divers directly!
Good luck with the equip sales. Too bad you have to give it up. Over time there are fewer and fewer of us dinosaurers who started on J valves and May Wests left!

You might want to contact one of these organizations:

California Clasic Equipment Divers Hard Hat Divers

Historical Diving Society The Historical Diving Society

The Calif. Classic guys actually dive the old gear they find and refurbish.

What is your reason for selling to "certified divers" only?

IMO, you are much more likely to get top dollar for your gear on ebay where you will have a much larger market and probably some more impulsive buyers. Pilots still seem to bring fairly decent prices even though repair parts may be difficult or impossible to find. Mk7s can be a bit erratic in price but if it has the heavy yoke and LP port extender I would expect it will sell for a reasonable price. 109s are quite common on ebay but the demand seems to be high and consistent, especially for those in good condition. I suggest you do a little extra work and list each item separately. Selling gear like that as a lot means lower prices, often less than 50% of the individual items.

Of course, on ebay you would have little or no control over who might end up with your gear. But, it is just scuba gear, not the dearly loved family pet. OTOH, it should not hurt to try here first if you have a good idea of the value of your gear.

Good Luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom