Old regs, worth playing with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This weekend at Mammoth Lake, the reg worked flawlessly. I opted to use the second LP port for my inflator hose. I kept it shallow and my buddy [user]avocadogirl[/user] close.

So, now you have a regulator that is tough and reliable and that you know how to service and repair.

Congratulations!

Well, I just bought two more Aquarius first stages. That makes seven total. Now I need to start collecting a few old second stages.

Congradulations on your first reg restoration, now the bad news. You are now addicted to a powerful drug, one is never enough. Someone "gave" me some old regs several years ago, little did I know it was a gateway reg into addiction. Dozens of regs, test equipment, tools, books and machine tools (it has gotten so bad I now make parts and tools) the cost of that gateway reg is never ending. :)
Oh yea, you are going to die.......for whatever reason a lot of folks like to tell those of us who restore the old regs and work on our own gear that we will die. We hear it often enough that it has become a joke in the vintage community. Just smile knowing your service tech cares more about your rear than theirs does.

You said it, Herman! I now have 1 Aqua Lung DA Aqua-Master double hose, 7 Aqua Lung Aquarius regs, 3 Aqua Lung Conshelf XIs and 1 Conshelf XII. This fall, I'm looking to put a Conshelf XIV and a Royal Aqua-Master in the stable. Maybe even a Mistral.

Back
Top Bottom