old Octo Z vs. new Octo Z

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mspg8

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Scott,

I have an older Concept II with the older Octo Z and a Stiletto with the new Octo Z (purchased about a year ago). Is there any way to change the lp fitting on the older Octo so that I can use the same inflator hose? (it sucks not being able to use my second set of regs as backups without changing the inflator hose).

Thanks,
Chuck

You should be able to find an adapter. I'm not sure which coupling the older OCTO Z uses but the new one uses the same coupling as ScubaPro Air II, Tusa Duoair and the Atomic SS1.
I bought an adapter to adapt my SS1 to standard inflator if I want to travel with out my bc.

If I understand you correctly, you have an old Octo+ unit (made by Apeks) and a newer Octo-Z unit (made by Zeagle).

As far as I know, there is no adapter that will make both units fit the same hose...but I honestly don't know every gadget and adapter that is out there. I can tell you that we do not make one, nor have a fix for you....sorry!!

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom