Old octo-z vs. New octo-z

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mspg8

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a newer Stilletto with the new octo-z that I pleasure dive with and I also have an older Concept II with an older octo-z that I use for cleaning boats.

Can I change the quick connect fitting on the older octo-z to the size that is on the new octo-z? If I can change the fitting then I can use either set of regs on either bc.

Thanks

No you can't switch the fittings on the old Octo + to the new Octo Z.
Mute point but it would cost too much even if you could, since you'd also have to buy another Octo Z hose.
I'd just pick up another Oct Z and you're set.

Chad

While you can't switch the fittings ON the Octo + you can get an adapter. I just bought a Miflex inflator hose and also have the Octo Z. The Octo Z is a type 3 quick disconnect fitting and the miflex only comes with a type 1 QD (which is what the Octo+ is). Scubatoys sold me an adaptor Type1 to type 3 for $9 and while it does add about 1.5" to the length of the inflator it certainly works!

Give Scubatoys a call, I'm sure they can set you up! (I did a search for it on their site and it doesn't show up and the SKU on my receipt simply says "miscscuba")

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom