Oktoberfest Megadive 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Better late than never. Chad and I will be attending and plan on arriving around lunchtime Friday. Looking forward to some relaxation and seeing everyone. Neither of us has dived snce venice Beach - just too busy and no excuse for not making the time. I havent read all the posts but will do so after I post this. We will bring what we normally do and whatever else may be needed.

Megadivers Attending and Food List
Post that your attending, pick something to bring that others are not, and I'll add your name to the list at the end of the week. Hope this helps!
04.gif

Cardzard and Roxanne - A cooler full of water, diet and non diet sodas, and juices for the kids for the group dinner. Then for brkft, 18ct eggs, precooked bacon, sausage and ham, and some asst veggies for the omlettes. And last but not least, Glow sticks for the galaxy dive.
Heath Sapp & Jim - Hotdogs and hotdog buns, 3 dozen eggs, Sandwich meat- Ham, Wraps for BK and case of water.
Scuba Jenny & Hermit Crab - Fixin's for S'mores, sturdy paper plates, paper towels, and some other stuff to be determined.
JahJahwarrior & crd kats -
BrewoneOto & Shelli - Potato Salad, Eggs, & some kind of Meat (Mystery??) & some Meg-A-Size Glowsticks
Insta - Gator & Cindy - Couple doz eggs, brats & buns, paper towels, condiments, lots of bottled water, (rum for Jenny), misc. stuff
NetDoc & Mselenaous -
Jeandiver - Bratwurst , Brat Buns , Chippers , dippers AND Potato Salad , and maybe some baked beaners...(not homemade , store bought)
tvtec-diver & Lindsay, Jeremy, and Richie - should be bringing water, sodas, eggs(bj pack), hotdogs, buns, and some utensils.
scubadreaminn -
rox@ucf11 -
ROBIBLER and Dani -
TecDiver1990 -
SlainteMolly and Riki - Deserts (at least a couple), bottled water, plastic forks and maybe hubby.
deepn0va - big cases of eggs (2 18 count of eggs is plenty for 1 person to bring)
scubafool and Co.- firewood (but bring more), turkey frier and pot for MegaOmelets/breakfast, accessories for MegaOmelets, tiki torches, stuff to keep the childrens busy, the RumTote, a small supply of plastic utensils, and whatever else we dream up between then and now.
Richard and crew - is hauling in some wood for bonfire as well.
Dennis and Denise - turkey frier and pot for MegaOmelets/breakfast
Dennis -
Judy
-
MontanaFL and scorpian2012 - Charcoal, tortilla's (not moldy this time), eggs, juice
Deep Sea Wolf and clan of 3 - Day tripping...
divingsiren - I will bring food and booze.
Moonie and LuLu - Marshmellows and rum

For those who always ask what to bring. Here are some ideas...
Meat items for the grill (let's keep it to Hamburgers, hotdogs, brats, and chicken breast and buns)(We are trying to keep it simple so it doesn't take forever to cook for the group) Could use more hamburgers/buns and chicken breasts.
Eggs (We never seem to have enough.)
Items for the omelets (additional meats, peppers, mushrooms, onions, salsa etc.)
Charcoal (self starting) Could use a bag or 2
Condiments (cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, ketchup, mustard, mayo, relish, BBQ sauce etc.)
Sturdy paper plates (no Styrofoam please)
Plastic “silverware“(we never seem to have enough of these either, especially forks)
Paper towels
Side dishes (casseroles, potato salad, macaroni salad, coleslaw, chips and dips/salsa, fruit salad, etc.) Could use more of these.
Deserts (Oh please don’t forget the deserts!)
Pumpkins (for carving and don't forget a candle)
Tiki torches and fuel (for around the fire)
Trick or Treat candy (for the kids big and small.)
Fire wood for the camp fire.

Don't forget a costume if you want to dress up for Halloween on Saturday evening. Some do, some don't :D

2) from the spring megadive, did anyone by chance pick up a gallon bold city jug? I think I am going to bring another few gallon jugs of beer, so thought i would ask if anyone picked up my growler.

I may have what you are referring to. Found in garbage and brought home. Cool looking jug. Was looking at it the other day and thought about throwing out. Will bring up next week - if I remember.

I have an extra reg/octo/computer, BC, weights and a tank if anyone wants to borrow. Tanks as well. Save your money for mur or chocolate - I prefer the latter - than rentling. The BC I have is for a woman but could fit a small to medium sized male. My 15 year nephew uses it and he is small. If you use the tank, just refill it or $$ to have refilled. Just let me know. If no one says anything, they stay home.

Don't forget a costume if you want to dress up for Halloween
on Saturday evening.

Don't think my barmaid costume would do for a family occasion. :wink:

Add my name to the list please :D. Planning on bringing banana pudding, peach cobbler, Conecuh sausages, and paper plates if that's okay. Can't wait to see my Cozumel friends and meet new friends. Not sure if Denise will make it or not, so I might be without a dive buddy on this trip.

Buddies don't let buddies go alone. I will help Monica with the dessert fixings. :D

Monica (cavern cert) and I will be doing some cavern diving but I would like to get in a cave dive Friday afternoon or sometime during the day Saturday. I think I am the only full cave diver who hasn't been in the system. I dive hp100's sidemount and drysuit but I don't mind diving with mixed teams.

Whoo hooo!!! Will be good to see Monica and Denise again!

Mur sounds good! :D

Sooooo bummed we are not going to make it, I keep following this thread like a drooling zombie - I really need to let it go until next time. Have fun.:depressed:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom