Oktoberfest Megadive 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an extra reg/octo/computer, BC, weights and a tank if anyone wants to borrow. Tanks as well. Save your money for mur or chocolate - I prefer the latter - than rentling. The BC I have is for a woman but could fit a small to medium sized male. My 15 year nephew uses it and he is small. If you use the tank, just refill it or $$ to have refilled. Just let me know. If no one says anything, they stay home.

I am but a newbie, so while I currently have weights and my new BC :D my reg/octo/gauge is on lay away (will not have until december, booo).... so I would definitely appreciate the loan for the event :)

Awww we miss you too, but not for long :)

Monica, I'll be your cavern buddy over the weekend. I'll start my cave class on Monday.
I'm sure Denise can find a cave buddy(s).

Great!! I talked to Denise yesterday and all three of us might just hang out in the cavern area.

Congratulations on starting your cave class!!

So what happens at Vortoberfest becomes bon-fire conversation at Megadive? :D
:popcorn::popcorn:

My lips are sealed :D

I am sad to report that I will be bringing a tent and....*gasp* an airbed!

If anyone finds me sleeping on a picnic table please move the table outside of said tent as I am probably lost and confused.

Busy trying to figure out how to squeeze in a trip to REACT early Saturday morning, then an afternoon dive or two at Ginnie, before dinner, galaxy dive, and fire time! It's hard to strike a balance. I used to dive dive dive, then I tried a trip or two of no diving, but now I'm committed to getting in atleast one and maybe two dives. I can't wait to see all of you SB friends sometime early Saturday afternoon!

Any clue what this...uh.."initiation" entails? :confused: ....

Can I just buy regular glow sticks...or do they have to be special diving store glow sticks?

I would love to tell you, but I can't...you'll just have to do it...I'm 6'4" 225 lbs. and I did it...it's fun, and if you like to cut loose, then you'll enjoy it...:)

And yes, they have to be special dive store glow sticks...LOL! Just kidding, regular old glowsticks will be fine...unless you like wasting money :)

jean and tecdiver, i will be up for intro dives friday. I will be at ginnie around 1pm with full tanks and my drysuit. I am ready to rock and roll

also,

I may have what you are referring to. Found in garbage and brought home. Cool looking jug. Was looking at it the other day and thought about throwing out. Will bring up next week - if I remember.

That would be great! i am going by the brewery to get a few more jugs, but since they are only $10 for a re-fill of awesome beer, the more jugs, means more beer for mega dive.

I am ready for some great days of diving, drinking, and sitting 'round the fire.

Megadivers Attending and Food List
Post that your attending, pick something to bring that others are not, and I'll add your name to the list at the end of the week. Hope this helps!
04.gif

Cardzard and Roxanne - A cooler full of water, diet and non diet sodas, and juices for the kids for the group dinner. Then for brkft, 18ct eggs, precooked bacon, sausage and ham, and some asst veggies for the omlettes. And last but not least, Glow sticks for the galaxy dive.
Heath Sapp & Jim - Hotdogs and hotdog buns, 3 dozen eggs, Sandwich meat- Ham, Wraps for BK and case of water.
Scuba Jenny & Hermit Crab - Fixin's for S'mores, sturdy paper plates, paper towels, Tiki torches, rum balls, crab cakes,
JahJahwarrior & crd kats -
BrewoneOto & Shelli - Potato Salad, Eggs, & some kind of Meat (Mystery??) & some Meg-A-Size Glowsticks
Insta - Gator & Cindy - Couple doz eggs, brats & buns, paper towels, condiments, lots of bottled water, (rum for Jenny), misc. stuff
NetDoc & Mselenaous -
Jeandiver - Bratwurst , Brat Buns , Chippers , dippers AND Potato Salad , and maybe some baked beaners...(not homemade , store bought)
tvtec-diver & Lindsay, Jeremy, and Richie - should be bringing water, sodas, eggs(bj pack), hotdogs, buns, and some utensils.
scubadreaminn -
rox@ucf11 -
ROBIBLER and Dani -
TecDiver1990 -
SlainteMolly and Riki -will try again for the spring Megadive :(
deepn0va - big cases of eggs (2 18 count of eggs is plenty for 1 person to bring)
scubafool and Co.- firewood (but bring more), turkey frier and pot for MegaOmelets/breakfast, accessories for MegaOmelets, tiki torches, stuff to keep the childrens busy, the RumTote, a small supply of plastic utensils, and whatever else we dream up between then and now.
Richard and crew - is hauling in some wood for bonfire as well.
Dennis and Denise - turkey frier and pot for MegaOmelets/breakfast
Dennis -
Judy
-
MontanaFL and scorpian2012 - Charcoal, tortilla's (not moldy this time), eggs, juice
Deep Sea Wolf and clan of 3 - Day tripping...
divingsiren - I will bring food and booze.
Moonie and LuLu - Marshmellows and rum
Denisegg and Monica - Dessert Fixin's

For those who always ask what to bring. Here are some ideas...
Meat items for the grill (let's keep it to Hamburgers, hotdogs, brats, and chicken breast and buns)(We are trying to keep it simple so it doesn't take forever to cook for the group) Could use more hamburgers/buns and chicken breasts.
Eggs (We never seem to have enough.)
Items for the omelets (additional meats, peppers, mushrooms, onions, salsa etc.)
Charcoal (self starting) Could use a bag or 2
Condiments (cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, ketchup, mustard, mayo, relish, BBQ sauce etc.)
Sturdy paper plates (no Styrofoam please)
Plastic “silverware“(we never seem to have enough of these either, especially forks)
Paper towels
Side dishes (casseroles, potato salad, macaroni salad, coleslaw, chips and dips/salsa, fruit salad, etc.) Could use more of these.
Deserts (Oh please don’t forget the deserts!)
Pumpkins (for carving and don't forget a candle)
Tiki torches and fuel (for around the fire)
Trick or Treat candy (for the kids big and small.)
Fire wood for the camp fire.

The kitchen sink is in Broward County if anybody wants to pick it up.

Don't forget a costume if you want to dress up for Halloween on Saturday evening. Some do, some don't :D

Monica (cavern cert) and I will be doing some cavern diving but I would like to get in a cave dive Friday afternoon or sometime during the day Saturday. I think I am the only full cave diver who hasn't been in the system. I dive hp100's sidemount and drysuit but I don't mind diving with mixed teams.

Hey gurl! I'll be your wingman! :wink: I just found out about this a few minutes ago. Just so happens I was already heading to Marianna tomorrow to dive with friends already there. Looks like we'll have to head to Ginnie Friday night and start diving Devil's on Saturday.

Most likely myself and Zinc (Brandon) will be joining on Saturday & Sunday.

David
There goes the neighborhood! :mooner:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom