Oktoberfest Megadive 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All play and no work makes for a lite wallet! :D

Sounds like me! :rofl3:

Later,
Moonie :mooner:

So, does anybody need a new tent for this event? Check out Woot's Deal-of-the-day!

Woot® : One Day, One Deal

That is definitely a party tent. All it needs is a bar, a disco ball and music and it's party time! :)

Just went diving in the Gulf today! Gorgeous! 80-82 F water, but it was choppy.... suspect the rest of the week will get more windy. But I got to use my new gear :eyebrow: so I'm happy.

I should be up around lunch time on friday. Any cave trained folks looking to get a dive in Friday afternoon, or should i reserve that afternoon for drinking?

Oh, and I will also be bringing some bacon flavored coffee syrup to the party.

Wish we could Roxanne, but this is shortly after we return from our vacation with Mom, and then DEMA is the following weekend. Unfortunately, I think I'm expected to work sometime. :depressed:

Sorry all of you guys can't make it this time. Have fun on you trip with Mom and we'll see you at DEMA!

We are planning on starting our weekend early, and get there Thursday late morning.

What with all of the craft beer people attending, we are going to have to have a separate fire, so we won't have to rub elbows with the Budweiser swillers and rum fiends. :D

We are planning on starting our weekend early, and get there Thursday late morning.

What with all of the craft beer people attending, we are going to have to have a separate fire, so we won't have to rub elbows with the Budweiser swillers and rum fiends. :D

Oh you are a bad boy! :no: :rofl3:

Megadivers Attending and Food List
Post that your attending, pick something to bring that others are not, and I'll add your name to the list at the end of the week. Hope this helps!
04.gif

Cardzard and Roxanne - A cooler full of water, diet and non diet sodas, and juices for the kids for the group dinner. Then for brkft, 18ct eggs, precooked bacon, sausage and ham, and some asst veggies for the omlettes. And last but not least, Glow sticks for the galaxy dive.
Heath Sapp & Jim - Hotdogs and hotdog buns, 3 dozen eggs, Sandwich meat- Ham, Wraps for BK and case of water.
Scuba Jenny & Hermit Crab - Fixin's for S'mores, sturdy paper plates, paper towels, and some other stuff to be determined.
JahJahwarrior & crd kats -
BrewoneOto & Shelli - Potato Salad, Eggs, & some kind of Meat (Mystery??) & some Meg-A-Size Glowsticks
Insta - Gator & Cindy - Couple doz eggs, brats & buns, paper towels, condiments, lots of bottled water, (rum for Jenny), misc. stuff
NetDoc & Mselenaous -
Jeandiver - Bratwurst , Brat Buns , Chippers , dippers AND Potato Salad , and maybe some baked beaners...(not homemade , store bought)
tvtec-diver & Lindsay, Jeremy, and Richie - should be bringing water, sodas, eggs(bj pack), hotdogs, buns, and some utensils.
scubadreaminn -
rox@ucf11 -
ROBIBLER and Dani -
TecDiver1990 -
SlainteMolly and Riki - Deserts (at least a couple), bottled water, plastic forks and maybe hubby.
deepn0va - big cases of eggs (2 18 count of eggs is plenty for 1 person to bring)
scubafool and Co.- firewood (but bring more), turkey frier and pot for MegaOmelets/breakfast, accessories for MegaOmelets, tiki torches, stuff to keep the childrens busy, the RumTote, a small supply of plastic utensils, and whatever else we dream up between then and now.
Richard and crew - is hauling in some wood for bonfire as well.
Dennis and Denise - turkey frier and pot for MegaOmelets/breakfast
Dennis -
Judy
-
MontanaFL and scorpian2012 -
Deep Sea Wolf and clan of 3 - Day tripping...
divingsiren - I will bring food and booze.
Moonie and LuLu - Marshmellows and rum

For those who always ask what to bring. Here are some ideas...
Meat items for the grill (let's keep it to Hamburgers, hotdogs, brats, and chicken breast and buns)(We are trying to keep it simple so it doesn't take forever to cook for the group) Could use more hamburgers/buns and chicken breasts.
Eggs (We never seem to have enough.)
Items for the omelets (additional meats, peppers, mushrooms, onions, salsa etc.)
Charcoal (self starting) Could use a bag or 2
Condiments (cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, ketchup, mustard, mayo, relish, BBQ sauce etc.)
Sturdy paper plates (no Styrofoam please)
Plastic “silverware“(we never seem to have enough of these either, especially forks)
Paper towels
Side dishes (casseroles, potato salad, macaroni salad, coleslaw, chips and dips/salsa, fruit salad, etc.) Could use more of these.
Deserts (Oh please don’t forget the deserts!)
Pumpkins (for carving and don't forget a candle)
Tiki torches and fuel (for around the fire)
Trick or Treat candy (for the kids big and small.)
Fire wood for the camp fire.

Don't forget a costume if you want to dress up for Halloween on Saturday evening. Some do, some don't :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom