Oktoberfest Megadive 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Megadivers Attending and Food List

Post that your attending, pick something to bring, and I'll add your name to the list at the end of the week. Hope this helps!
04.gif

Cardzard and Roxanne - A cooler full of water, diet and non diet sodas, and juices for the kids for the group dinner. Then for brkft, 18ct eggs, precooked bacon, sausage and ham, and some asst veggies for the omlettes. And last but not least, Glow sticks for the galaxy dive.
Heath Sapp & Jim - Hotdogs and hotdog buns, 3 dozen eggs, Sandwich meat- Ham, Wraps for BK and case of water.
Scuba Jenny & Hermit Crab - Fixin's for S'mores, sturdy paper plates, paper towels, and some other stuff to be determined.
JahJahwarrior & crd kats -
BrewoneOto & Shelli - Potato Salad, Eggs, & some kind of Meat (Mystery??) & some Meg-A-Size Glowsticks
Insta - Gator & Cindy - Couple doz eggs, brats & buns, paper towels, condiments, lots of bottled water, (rum for Jenny), misc. stuff
NetDoc & Mselenaous -
Jeandiver - Bratwurst , Brat Buns , Chippers , dippers AND Potato Salad , and maybe some baked beaners...(not homemade , store bought)
tvtec-diver & ????
scubadreaminn -
rox@ucf11 -
ROBIBLER and Dani -

For those who always ask what to bring. Here are some ideas...
Meat items for the grill (let's keep it to Hamburgers, hotdogs, brats, and chicken breast and buns)(We are trying to keep it simple so it doesn't take forever to cook for the group)
Eggs (We never seem to have enough.)
Items for the omlettes (additional meats, peppers, mushrooms, onions, salsa etc.)
Charcoal (self starting)
Condiments (cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, ketchup, mustard, mayo, relish, BBQ sauce etc.)
Sturdy paper plates (no Styrofoam please)
Plastic “silverware“(we never seem to have enough of these either, especially forks)
Paper towels
Side dishes (casseroles, potato salad, macaroni salad, cole slaw, chips and dips/salsa, fruit salad, etc.)
Deserts (Oh please don’t forget the deserts!)
Pumpkins (for carving and don't forget a candle)
Tiki torches and fuel (for around the fire)
Trick or Treat candy (for the kids big and small.)
Fire wood for the camp fire.

I'm in...and I can ask off in time now!!!! It's about time!

Still around, been off trollin' :D

My daughter (Riki) and I are in - trying to talk the hubby into joining us.
Bringing: Deserts (at least a couple)
bottled water
plastic forks

Need details - to we register our campsite through Ginny springs, and just tell them we are doing the Megadive? or is there a group registration and I need to get money to someone else?

This sounds like tons of fun

I'm in...and I can ask off in time now!!!! It's about time!
My daughter (Riki) and I are in - trying to talk the hubby into joining us.
Bringing: Deserts (at least a couple)
bottled water
plastic forks

Need details - to we register our campsite through Ginny springs, and just tell them we are doing the Megadive? or is there a group registration and I need to get money to someone else?

This sounds like tons of fun

Glad to have you guys and gals join us and oh yes it is a blast! I'll add your groups to the list when I update it tomorrow.

All the details of registration, what to bring, etc., can be found in the first post.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/tr...-oktoberfest-megadive-2011-a.html#post6000797
Thanks Jenny for helping direct traffic. :kiss2:

OK - I'm committed! This will most likely be my daughter's and my 2nd dive post certification. I know this is super friendly board and Newbies are welcome - will there be people to group up an dive with Saturday morning? It looks like the only scheduled dive is Saturday evening.
Is anyone else bringing teen-agers? I'm hoping that the girl child won't be stuck with her Mom all weekend - she is WAY more comfortable in the water than I.
It looks like pets are not allowed - so my husband will not be coming. :(

That sounded wrong - he won't want to leave the puppies home.

My teen known as Hermit Crab is a regular at these events, as is another (boy!!). There are usually a few kids scattered among the campsites, and they find ways of keeping themselves occupied. Generally there are no electronic devices either!:shocked2::shocked2:

Yes, the only scheduled dive is Sat. night. But, we have traditionally done an early morning sunrise dive in the ballroom. And there are plenty of groups of people diving throughout the day too. No problem with buddies, there are plenty!

My teen known as Hermit Crab is a regular at these events, as is another (boy!!). There are usually a few kids scattered among the campsites, and they find ways of keeping themselves occupied. Generally there are no electronic devices either!:shocked2::shocked2:

Yay for lack of electronics! so glad that phones don't work under water!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom