Oktoberfest Megadive 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cant wait for that weekend to get here.

hopefully ill be able to bring a couple newbs to the event this year.

more rum for you jenny
sweet!!

Rum...now you're talking my language! I'll bring a bottle of Pyrut Rum as long as nobody uses it as a mixer!
Most of us that appreciate a good rum know that one should never mix rum with anything but ice. :wink:
Been a while since I've sipped Pyrat! :thumb:

Copied from MOF/NMOF

Ok, it's almost mid-August, so Oktoberfest-Megadive is not that far away (time flies.)

In order to be properly skilled in the ways of Megadive I need to begin the migration from bourbon to rum (unmixed.) The question is, as with all new things, how do I select a quality rum without using the erroneous "high price = high quality" ? Zaya seems to be mentioned a good bit. Is dark better than clear? Does 12-year-old really matter with rum? In general, what are the better selection criteria to use?

This should be good for a dozen posts...unless everyone agrees on one brand.

If you can sip it and it tastes good and feels good going down, it's good rum. :)

You're welcome! :D

If my honey doesn't attend, can I keep it simple and just sleep in my truck or is the camping separate from the parking?

Only a crazy person would sleep in the back of their truck...or on a picnic table...but the parking is right by the camping, and the picnic tables are right by the tents. :)

Only a crazy person would sleep in the back of their truck...or on a picnic table...but the parking is right by the camping, and the picnic tables are right by the tents. :)

So, what's your point?

hahaha.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom