Oktoberfest Megadive 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depends on how easily you get cold. Some folks dive in shorts and t-shirts.. me, I'm a warm water wimp, so I will be wearing my 2 piece 3mm. Most people are some where in between. Hope this helps.

Usemylungs- sorry to hear you and Rebecca can't make it. Hope to see you for the Spring megadive.

Scuba_Jenny, yes very helpful! I just looked up the temperature, and I guess Ginnie Springs is about the same as Rainbow River.. I was fine in a 3mm full, but alas..I don't own one. I guess it's just something else to rent! lol. I am currently trying to see if I can get a BCD soon, so...buying another wetsuit is probably out of the question.

My friend and I got certified together, so I am seeing if she would like to join in the festivities! If it works out, we will definitely camp out (so long as I can find camping gear in mom and dad's garage) and bring food/booze/etc. :blinking: However, if I'm coming on my own...probably no camping for me. The thought of camping out alone....makes me think too much of Blair Witch Project. :shocked2:

Last edited:
You are never alone Buhhhahaaahahahahahah!!!!!

The campsite, Turkey Roost is kinda tucked away from the rest of Ginnie Springs. We reserve a large portion which makes it essentially one campsite. Yet it can hold easily 20-30 tents. you are not alone..

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/members/divingsiren.htmlYou're most welcome to join us. We're a great group with a wonderful sense of humor. We all pitch in and as Jenny said you will definitely not be camping alone. :D

Scubafool's lovely misses sometimes dresses as a witch though (for Halloween), but her name is definitely not Blair. So your good! :rofl3:

You are never alone Buhhhahaaahahahahahah!!!!!

The campsite, Turkey Roost is kinda tucked away from the rest of Ginnie Springs. We reserve a large portion which makes it essentially one campsite. Yet it can hold easily 20-30 tents. you are not alone..

So long as we're not camping at Camp Crystal Lake :wink: I think it will be fine! Actually, this evening I busted out the ye olde camping tent and gear from the 'rents garage...I still remember how to put up a tent! I will bring food and booze, though if there are specific items I need to bring, I can do that too.

Looking forward to this diving shindig :)

Check the list Roxanne has been posting and cross reference it with what people are bringing, and you should have a good idea of what is still needed. Rum is necessary for all noobs to bring. :wink: Not cheap swill either..:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Check the list Roxanne has been posting and cross reference it with what people are bringing, and you should have a good idea of what is still needed. Rum is necessary for all noobs to bring. :wink: Not cheap swill either..:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Well in a week I head out for a cruise! (going diving too!)....there will be rum bought :)

mmmm Cruzan rum, dark. :)

Jenny, that was a shameless leverage on a newb for rum. keep up the good work

I have some hop bombs i am aging in my pantry. not sure if i am bringing a dogfish head 120 to megadive.. i might, it just a ton of local Jacksonville microbrews

One of my hobbies is craft beer! :).. or at least... I spend a lot of time with local brewery owners, workers, drinkers :wink:... I might be able to bring growlers of Cigar City Brewery Beer for those who enjoy and appreciate the delights of craft beer. I can't say I'm into the IPA and other hoppy style beers...but I can bring some anyway!

Actually, right after diving this Saturday (first OW dive since certification!!), I'm pouring at a beer shindig at a local brewery :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom