Oktoberfest megadive 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We won't kiss it... but we will nibble it a bit:

:uga:

October 31, 2009 41–17
Go Gators!

...and yes, that's a real ScubaBoard Smilie. Just type :uga:​

Last edited:
I made that special for OneSpeed. He's the Bull Gator around these parts. Since he hates UGa so, he likes nuthin' more than a heap of people sending him this:

:uga:

October 31, 2009 41–17
Go Gators!

...and yes, that's a real ScubaBoard Smilie. Just type :uga:​

Especially so this time of year! :D

Now for the Ten Best Reasons about the Fall MegaDive...

10: It gets Roxanne to post!​
9: Chad's intoxicated Marriage Counseling!​
8: DeepSea Wolf's Cooking!!!​
7: There is nothing like a ScubaBoard Galaxy dive!​
6: Jeano's heartfelt singing!​
5: DRUMS!​
4: The infamous (and banned) Marshmallow Wars!​
3: Tossing water balloons at the passing tubers!​
2: Scuba Jenny's Rum Tote!!! (We need to label it as such)​
And the very best thing about the Fall Mega Dive at Ginnie Springs:​
1: Sitting around the campfire with 50+ of your closest friends!

Loved it, loved it, and....

Wetsuit ideas. Many divers at the Megadive have embraced a new style of wetsuit. Bioprene. It's very custom fit, all natural, and can be worn by anyone with very little effort. I use a simple bioprene suit with additional midline, weightbelt area enhancement option. It keeps the weight belt from slipping down when using non weight integrated BCD's. Bioprene adds buoyancy so you don't exhaust yourself staying afloat on those long drift dives down the Santa Fe River. It comes in many natural colors, from dark to neon white, (My favorite).
Suits made of Bioprene are recycleable and fortunately not made by small children in Taiwanese sweat shops. Although my bioprene suit fits me exceptionally well, it is time to downsize as it gets very hot and sweaty in warmer temperatures. Surface intervals, while wearing the bioprene suits, have become almost unbearable in Florida. Ask for the Bioprene suit at your nearest DiveThru. Bioprene- Go big or go home! Some restrictions apply.

Lol. :D Even though I'm not a Gator fan, I'm not a hater either. I can appreciate a good joke (or pic in this case) at the Dawgs' expense. Lol.

Deepseawolf, thanks for all of the wetsuit ideas. That's the only thing I think I'm lacking in my gear, except for tanks. I just plan to rent those for now.

What kind of nighttime weather do you think we will get this time around? Any past experience on that?

We've had the full range... Hot (easier to get in the water), delightfully moderate temps (just love it), cold (makes the bonfire and snuggling in the tent more fun), and occationally a front comes through and drops some rain (rain poncho and lots of plastic to cover things). We'll just wait till it's closer to the time to get a better guess. :popcorn:

What kind of nighttime weather do you think we will get this time around?
I predict dark with a 90% chance of a campfire and intermittent flash lights well into the early morning hours. In the Ballroom we will have a 95%+ chance of chemiluminescence resembling a galaxy for about an hour.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom