Unknown Oklahoma couple missing - Matagorda, Texas

This Thread Prefix is for incidents when the cause is not known.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999

FB posts identify them as husband and wife

Coast Guard searching for 2 Oklahomans who went missing while diving off Texas coast

MATAGORDA, Texas —The U.S. Coast Guard is searching for two Oklahomans who were reported missing while diving off the shore of Matagorda, Texas.

A news release states that Sector Corpus Christi watchstanders received a notification on Wednesday that the drivers were last seen surfacing in unfavorable weather conditions and were not seen after conditions cleared.

Family members confirmed to KOCO 5 that the two missing divers are from Oklahoma and identified them as Nathan and Kim Maker, who are from Edmond.

MH-65 Dolphin helicopter and HC-1444 Ocean Sentry aircraft aircrews as well as a Station Port O'Connor 45-foot response boat crew were launched to search for the divers about 15 miles offshore of Matagorda. A crews with the Coast Guard Cutter Edgar Culbertson was also directed to help in the search.

Anyone with information about the search is asked to contact Sector Corpus Christi at 1-800-874-2143.

Thoughts and prayers for them and their family and friends.

Sad deal. They're from my area here.

I am from Edmond and I am on vacation in Key Largo so I had a lot of people reach out to me to make sure I was ok. I started following after the call and woke up to see this in my inbox this morning!!

Attachments

• IMG_0491.jpeg
    IMG_0491.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 171
Confirmed,...a miracle indeed!
Any info on what took place? I have always paid attention to these posts and always learn something from them. With the couple being from my area, I felt I needed to make an account to let everyone know they have been found. I’m interested to hear where they were diving at and what took place.

Back
Top Bottom