ok which one training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubamedicjoe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
NSS-CDS Cave Diving
NACD Cave Diving

i know both have books and can get me into cave diving what are the real diffrence and any training diffrences

none. It all depends on the instructor. If you look at most of them they can and will certify in both since they usually like to support each of them.
They each have benefits and weaknesses, but the training is all the same.
It really doesn't matter, and I can't think of any instructors in NFL that can only certify one or the other... I have memberships in both, card is NSSCDS though. Why? because that's what my dive buddy had... Instructor teaches both and said pick one for your card

I may be wrong, but I believe there are some sites you can only access with a membership to one organization or the other -- but whether any of that depends on whose CARD you have, I don't know. I sort of doubt it.

I have both manuals, but not where I am right now. There may be some slight differences in how protocols are taught. Once you are certified, you are going to have to go over such things with your buddies, anyway, because there are differences in how people do things.

The biggest thing with cave training is that you want someone who will truly TRAIN you -- the cave is an extremely unforgiving place, and you want your instructor to hold you to "cave" standards, so that you understand what they are. I have taken classes from four different people from three different agencies, and not all instruction is the same.

I went with Paul Heinerth due to a number of reasons, but training is training, it's not like going and evaluating open water from different agencies. Comparing GUE's open water to PADI's is just wrong... Only thing similar seems to be "inhale exhale repeat as necessary" and "don't hold your breath"
Comparing the tech classes is all about the instructor. While instructor matters somewhat in rec diving it is far less important than in overheads. Why don't you call Jill and ask her which she recommends? When I asked Paul that he said I'll probably just give you a card from each and you can use whichever one you want. Worked fine for me. I use my NSS-CDS card more because of my dive buddies but the training was the same through him and will be through Jill. She teaches Jill's way and she won't change because you pick one although I think she only teaches NSS-CDS

are there any instructors in nc that anyone know of ,

are there any instructors in nc that anyone know of ,

Dolphi Graves at NADCO he's out in Greensboro, there's a few in Charlotte too I believe. Ask Tony Chaney he' knows them, out of Diver's-Supply

The problem there though is you still have to go to NFL to dive. You can only do so much diving each day, so the coursework down there is still applicable and he'll probably do it while you're there anyway

NSS-CDS and NACD are essentially the same when it comes to their standards. There are some minor differences, but nothing significant at all. I teach through both agencies and my courses are the same regardless of the agency I issue a cert through. I believe all other instructors who teach for multiple agencies do the same. Jill teaches through NSS-CDS but not NACD. There are other instructors that also teach for only one or the other. It's not a reflection on them. It's just a choice. I teach through both because it puts my name on both websites. It's a very reasonable cost for advertising on 2 major agency websites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom