Ok I'm certified but feel bad about it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I replied on your other thread.

While I'm not too crazy about the way your class was run I'd be happy to dive with you if we were in the same area.

If someone is to arrogant to dive with you, then you prolly don't want to be diving with them anyway. You'll do just fine. Good diving!

Thanks everyone for your replies. Dee, I didn't mean that anyone from Twin Lakes had said they wouldn't budy with me. I was just upset a bit at myself I for not having done that skill sucessfully and have to admit that it really shook me up. Seriously if the instructor hadn't had me go back down when he did, I wouldn't be doing this anymore.

I am lucky in that I do have all of my own gear and a friend of mine has left his two tanks here for me to use so I plan to be at Twin Lakes on Friday or Saturday. I am thinking that if I get there early and the steps are not busy going into the water I can sit on the steps under water with my mask off and practice just breathing. Once I am confortable with that I can put mask to face, clear it, then take it off again. I don't have real easy access to a pool where I could do this.

The post I was referring to is here http://www.scubaboard.com/t66092.html

Again thanks for your encouragement and I look forward to meeting some of you.
Judy

I think you will most people wouold not have a problem diving with you or any new diver for that matter, remember most people started out this way.

A good thing is to be open about your experience and your comfort level with any buddies so they know where its at.

jstuart1:
Thanks Neil,
BTW this post is in the Texas Swamp Divers. :11:

Well, that's what happens when I post after a weekend of diving and lawn mowing in humid conditions! :wink:

That's ok,
I am usually up at 2am on work days and have been know to post some strange things and or miss things. :wink:

If you ever find your way out to the OBX of NC, I'd be happy to dive with a newbie. Don't let the posts of the so-called veteran divers who say they would never dive with a newbie again discourage you. I personally learn something new from every buddy I have.

jstuart1 What you need to do is contact any diver friends you have if none yet then ask the local shop if there any clubs of divers around also maybe they let you practice more in the pool till you feel more comfortable allot of time its just a matter of practicing also don’t forget you can practice some of it in a pool on your own too.

I keep meaning to check out TL. If my gear comes in by then I'll dive with you.

Judy,

I think you did great. Sometimes people seem to forget that diving is an ADVENTURE SPORT. It is challenging while being fun, but that still means it is challenging.

Yes you had some problems for your certification dives but you worked through them and you finished the course.

So congradulations and well done for passing your OW course.!! :D

So, where do you go from here? The best way to hone your skills is to dive. So talk to your LDS or find someone here on the board and go have some fun dives.

Everyone who dives now had to start somewhere. So don't be afraid of telling someone before you start the dive "Listen, I would like to practice the X skill on this dive". You may be surprised at the reaction. They may say, great I've been meaning to do that too but I was afraid to ask. :eyebrow:

You will find someone to dive with beacuse in general most divers are very nice people. We tend to want to give a helping hand. I just had a great days diving with a young lady whose buddy failed to show up. She asked if she could join us and we had 3 great dives and we made a new dive buddy.

So have fun dive safe and don't let all that gear gather dust.

Have a great dive.
Paul.

Back
Top Bottom