Oil Spill in Batangas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ha! That's my friends VR3 - tech computer - which he flooded so he let me take it apart to see if we could fix it. Great fun as the company would tell you you must never do it! I did manage to fix it until he took it diving again :D

matt_reed:
Ha! That's my friends VR3 - tech computer - which he flooded so he let me take it apart to see if we could fix it. Great fun as the company would tell you you must never do it! I did manage to fix it until he took it diving again :D
hehe it would be a nice attachment to your jaegermeister....

Mampsa:
Was there also, dove, kanto and the oil spill hasn't reached that place. Vis was great! Saw a bunch of huge emperor snappers

Btw, i also noticed a lot of guys fishing around the area of Kaola, Arthurs and Cathedral... Why isn't anybody catching them? To think we have to get dive passes and these guys fish for free...

fishing using traditional methods is not banned on the tingloy and maricaban I believe..

Axua:
fishing using traditional methods is not banned on the tingloy and maricaban I believe..
one line-one catch is okay....it's the fishing nets that are banned in the area.

BTW, there is a now a resident black tip in the Koala area...and first time for me to see an emperor fish school at the Bahura hi-way.

matt_reed:
WWF etc and the local authorities are the people who we need to be asking to help in these situations, although it will always be an uphill struggle.Matt.

WWF is on top of the situation... I've sent them a copy of the photo and my report...

Mampsa:
Btw, i also noticed a lot of guys fishing around the area of Kaola, Arthurs and Cathedral... Why isn't anybody catching them? To think we have to get dive passes and these guys fish for free...

That's the thing, when I came back to the resort, we told the guy who collects payment for dive passes, and he said, 'we should report it'. I was like, isn't that your job?? Get on the phone and call your boss!!!

There was an incedent of fishing in the Outrigger house reef and he just blew his whistle once. The fishing boats moved like 10 meters away and continued fishing. HALLERRRRRRRRRRRRRR????? :confused: Pull out your gun and fire a warning shot!!!!

"The chair, the chair! Give 'em the chair!" - Beavis Circa 1993

clgsamson:
one line-one catch is okay....it's the fishing nets that are banned in the area.

BTW, there is a now a resident black tip in the Koala area...and first time for me to see an emperor fish school at the Bahura hi-way.

we probably saw the same school. saw them in kanto ting (not sure if thats the name of the dive site) but its just off bahura. A shark was also joined in their group.

scubabum2:
"The chair, the chair! Give 'em the chair!" - Beavis Circa 1993
Sin%20City%20Death%20Row%20Marv%20Electric%20Chair%20Figure.jpg

wow... haven't been on the thread lately and this is what i hear...

agree with your post Matt...

damn... what can else can we do?

I use to have a "boycott Petron" message taped to the rear windshield of my car... and i think i was able to influence a few friends to not gas up with them... and since then have never went to any of their gas stations - yes, even the one in south super...

seriously, what can we do?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom