Oil Spill in Batangas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clgsamson:
one line-one catch is okay....it's the fishing nets that are banned in the area.

BTW, there is a now a resident black tip in the Koala area...and first time for me to see an emperor fish school at the Bahura hi-way.

Btw, did you notice the small outrigger boats docked in front of villa aplaya/arthurs that area. I'm pretty sure they had black nets.

The fact that there are growing fishermen in the area should alarm us already. Before the only boats you'd see in that arera are dive boats. If if they're using hook line and sinker, do the boat guys know that most of that area is a no anchor zone? Same banana, they can destroy the reef. Fish there are plentiful, once they get used to it cause nobody is stopping them, then we have a big problem. We might see one line on the boat but a compressor dive rcould be under. Maybe they should be strict on that. If we dive without a dive pass, its major hassle cause they confiscate our gear. There should be a biger punishment for the guys ruining the area.

Just my 2 cents

Mampsa:
we probably saw the same school. saw them in kanto ting (not sure if thats the name of the dive site) but its just off bahura. A shark was also joined in their group.

i think its called bahura kanto. "kanto ting" sounds like somebody's idea of a green joke. :eyebrow:

fishing with nets is allowed but regulated through the size of the squares on the nets. trap fishing using "pukot" is also allowed.

matt_reed:
Can somebody pm me more details on this petition please. thanks

hi matt! i sent u a pm about the Sealanes petition...hope it was helpful.

chewie:
hehehehehe :rofl2: :rofl3:

Apparently they said the one who discovered the site was named "ting" and of course its famous coz of the kanto.

Yes we were joking around about the name, Just add a letter "T" and it'll have a whole new meaning :)

Mampsa:
Apparently they said the one who discovered the site was named "ting" and of course its famous coz of the kanto.

Yes we were joking around about the name, Just add a letter "T" and it'll have a whole new meaning :)

no it wasn't ting...it's tinio :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom