Oil Spill in Batangas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was dumped by a ship according to the bangkero's I talked to they say it's a result of the police not patrollling.

jonix:
brrrrr...have you guys heard of the petition of planet dive for restricting ship passage around the area of maricaban strait?

Can somebody pm me more details on this petition please. thanks

jonix:
bad...:shakehead

caloy & doy has pics, maybe we could email them to the news networks
can any of you guys that do have pics email them to me? will bring them forward to my media contacts & the like. thanks!

chewie:
can any of you guys that do have pics email them to me? will bring them forward to my media contacts & the like. thanks!

Yes we want to stop this but I truely believe that the media is the worst solution.

Diving and tourism are a major provider for this country's economy and many people already think the Philippines is a terrorist ridden, disease infested country which only has dynamited reefs.

Best to not let the media make it sound like we have now destroyed more of the environment. We need the tourist dollar to help fund programs to stop this kind of thing.

WWF etc and the local authorities are the people who we need to be asking to help in these situations, although it will always be an uphill struggle.

Jon, thanks for the link.

Matt.

Was there also, dove, kanto and the oil spill hasn't reached that place. Vis was great! Saw a bunch of huge emperor snappers

Btw, i also noticed a lot of guys fishing around the area of Kaola, Arthurs and Cathedral... Why isn't anybody catching them? To think we have to get dive passes and these guys fish for free...

matt_reed:
Yes we want to stop this but I truely believe that the media is the worst solution.

Diving and tourism are a major provider for this country's economy and many people already think the Philippines is a terrorist ridden, disease infested country which only has dynamited reefs.

Best to not let the media make it sound like we have now destroyed more of the environment. We need the tourist dollar to help fund programs to stop this kind of thing.

WWF etc and the local authorities are the people who we need to be asking to help in these situations, although it will always be an uphill struggle.

Jon, thanks for the link.

Matt.
nice post, Matt.

Tell me, what's that contraption in your new avatar?

Back
Top Bottom