Ogden Point on Sat April 22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darnold9999

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Will be in Victoria on Saturday late AM/Noon and would like to dive the breakwater - have not been for many years. (Really wanted to go to Race, but the boat is full:sad_2: )

Anyone interested?

Darnold9999:
TURTLES TURTLES RA RA RA TURTLES TURTLES HA HA HA MMM.....I LOVE TURTLES

On a side note:

That was the very first thing I saw when I learned to dive. We broke the surface on our first OW dive, I looked up, and there a turtle swam by.

Too bad I was too nervous to really enjoy it at the moment.

- ChillyWaters

Oh yeah, I'd post outside the "Southern BC Spyhoppers" section to get noticed, as it seems that few Victorians look here...

- ChillyWaters

I kinda figured he learned in the tropics - too bad we don't have salt water turtles up here though.

Darnold9999:
I kinda figured he learned in the tropics - too bad we don't have salt water turtles up here though.

Who doesn't learn in the tropics?

Who the hell feels compelled to jump in our frigid waters without prior experience? There's something about 20degree water, 100+ft viz, and LOTS of colour that is a weeeeeeeee bit more enticing to a beginner.

- ChillyWaters

Your forgetting the enticing experience of being wrapped in two layers of thick rubber, the excellent workout you get carrying 35# of lead back and forth to the beach, the exhilarating rush you get when the water hits your forehead doing mask removal drills and my favorite the 6 foot vis during spring rains.

Who wouldn't want to learn up here????

Darnold9999:
Will be in Victoria on Saturday late AM/Noon and would like to dive the breakwater - have not been for many years. (Really wanted to go to Race, but the boat is full:sad_2: )

Anyone interested?

Wrapped in rubber, cold, with zero vis, who could resist. I can go with you on Sat.

Excellent, looking forward to returning to the scene of the crime (first OW dive).

PM Sent

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom