Offsite rentals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NoVaScuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My daughter does not yet have a BCD and reg. We'll be diving several locations in the keys and we'd both prefer if she had the same equipment for the week. Is there a shop around Largo that we could pick it up on the way down and return on the way up?

I'll guess that you are coming to Key Largo (and not Largo, FL). There are a few shops down here that will rent gear, but a priority is given to those diving on their charters.

My daughter does not yet have a BCD and reg. We'll be diving several locations in the keys and we'd both prefer if she had the same equipment for the week. Is there a shop around Largo that we could pick it up on the way down and return on the way up?

Try Conch Republic, if they can't help you I'm sure they can tell you who can. CONCH REPUBLIC DIVERS VOTED #1 DIVE SHOP IN FLORIDA KEYS

Should not be a problem, as renting dive gear in the Keys is easy - however this is an opportunity for your daughter to try different equipment and see which she likes better.

All operators have rental gear; unless she is an odd size, if you let them know you need it in advance, you should be fine.

I'm a big proponent of trying different gear to see what fits better, etc.

If this option does not float your boat, Divers Direct/World Watersports in Key Largo is another option for you to try - good selection of rental gear.

Thanks for all the info. Trying different gear is a good idea for the future but this is our first trip after certification. Changing gear everyday would add something unfamiliar unnecessarily. This trip is about having fun and getting comfortable in the water.

Hey No VaScuba,

We rent off site gear. Even if you don't rent gear from us, please stop by to say hi. Would love to meet a fellow ScubaBoarder.

If you have any questions, I'd be glad to answer them.

Good Diving,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom