Official Spring MEGAdive 24-26 April Thread!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marchand

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
For those new people who may be wondering what the megadive is, the meagadive is an event that happens every spring and fall where a bunch of board members congregate at Ginnie Springs for a weekend of diving, drinking, hanging out with friends, and camping (not necessarilly in that order).

Since the usual suspects are either too busy or unable to attend this year I am going to take over the responsibility of planning the spring megadive. This is my first time planning a megadive, so if I forget something please remind me.

The tentative dates for the megadive are going to be April 23-26.

So here's the deal, we need to be expecting at least 30 people in order to reserve Turkey Roost, so if you are planning on coming you need to let me know asap.

Prices at Ginnie went up this year to $22 per adult (older than 14) after tax per night for camping; the rates for children (7-14) have not changed ($6.48 after tax per night). If you want we can pay as a group and get a discounted rate (I'll need to check on what those are). It is still $32.10 (after tax) to dive the day unless you have a full cave certification which makes it $23.54 (after tax). Air fills are $5 at Ginnie and you can get Nitrox just down the road at Cave Excursions East for $0.09/cf.

I know that at the fall megadive last year we also reserved the pavilion next to Turkey Roost. I think the cost to rent a pavilion on the weekends is $75 a day, do we need a pavillion?

I believe we have community meals on saturday for beakfast, lunch and dinner; and sunday for breakfast, but in order for those to happen I need people to bring food.

I think thats about everything, so I'm going to start the list and if you are planning to be there repost it with your name, who you are bringing, and your offering for the community meals and rum tote. (who has the rum tote?) I need someone to bring a LOTS of fire wood, so if that person is you make a note of it on the list.

Last edited:
Almost forgot the list...

Marchand: I'll be bringing a smoker/grill for cooking copious amounts of food on, eggs, some firewood, and lots of tanks.

Jenny and Hermit Crab-stuff for s'mores, something to eat on Sat afternoon, probably crab cakes or the like, bacon for brekky, plastic stuff to eat with
Oh, and Marchand, thatnks for taking the hint :wink:

Can a mod sticky this thread please...

Jenny, what's wrong? You aren't bringing rum?

Alright, so far we have

Marchand: smoker/grill, wood to fuel said grill, and eggs.

Jenny and Hermit Crab: s'mores stuff, bacon, eating utensils, and something for saturday afternoon.

It's a given that I will bring rum.. just like I will be bringing my dive gear! :)

WOOHOO!!! That climb back onto the edge of the Earth was a Bear!!! Good thing I was bungeed to that rock! Thank you to all who have stepped up and kicked this Megadive in the rear! Marchand, Jeano, and Jenny! If I missed anybody else, am truly sorry. I have been fighting to get a home business off the ground and had to buy Holly a new computer. I have three that need to be rebuilt on my workbench! Usually, we get the pavillion just for the Saturday as we are on site for Sunday and few people take the pavillions for just Sunday. The dates are great for me. I was just picking May to give people some warning time, but it seems we have a narrow window in May. I will be bringing cooking materials as usual. Marchand, if you can solidify the dates and we can snag the reservation, that would be AWESOME! We usually try to get a grill dropped next to the firepit in the campground on the far left end (downstream end) of Turkey Roost. I will be bringing the Scubaboard banner and Rumtote! RUM!!! I hope to be able to contribute more time to diving this year as I currently am not cursed by any anti-diving illnesses or injuries,... yet! (have probably jinxed myself now by even mentioning it) Viva Le Megadive!

WOOHOO!!! That climb back onto the edge of the Earth was a Bear!!! Good thing I was bungeed to that rock! Thank you to all who have stepped up and kicked this Megadive in the rear! Marchand, Jeano, and Jenny! If I missed anybody else, am truly sorry. I have been fighting to get a home business off the ground and had to buy Holly a new computer. I have three that need to be rebuilt on my workbench! Usually, we get the pavillion just for the Saturday as we are on site for Sunday and few people take the pavillions for just Sunday. The dates are great for me. I was just picking May to give people some warning time, but it seems we have a narrow window in May. I will be bringing cooking materials as usual. Marchand, if you can solidify the dates and we can snag the reservation, that would be AWESOME! We usually try to get a grill dropped next to the firepit in the campground on the far left end (downstream end) of Turkey Roost. I will be bringing the Scubaboard banner and Rumtote! RUM!!! I hope to be able to contribute more time to diving this year as I currently am not cursed by any anti-diving illnesses or injuries,... yet! (have probably jinxed myself now by even mentioning it) Viva Le Megadive!

Welcome back!!!!

I'll see about getting the pavilion and a grill. I already have the roost reserved for the 23-26, I tried to get it for sometime in may, but it was already reserved for every weekend :shocked2:.

Good job Marchand! Looking forward to the weekend!

This sounds like alot of fun . . . if I can find another Intro diver to buddy up with, a tent to sleep in, a way to avoid sleeping in the dirt, and a place to wash my face and brush my teeth I would be good to go !! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom