Official Remembrance Day 2010 dive thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No I have not made a reservation yet so we are good to stay local. I got this 8' beauty in Whytecliff bay last night :)

741.jpg

741.jpg
[/IMG]

3116.jpg

Last edited:
I pulled some strings and was able to move my apt/meeting to friday, so I can dive. But chatting with the missus about a site, we'd still like to do Keystone as we haven't been there for almost a year and the last time was not such a $h1t hot dive for her and she'd like to do it again, not to mention there are a number of octos around which might give me opportunity to catch one out and about.

So, we're doing Keystone....hopefully someone else will come along, but if not, enjoy your dives!!! :)

How long is the drive from here-ish to keystone?
I think its time I see an octo, and all the reviews from other sites are going to what Mike is saying, octo orgy.

How long is the drive from here-ish to keystone?
I think its time I see an octo, and all the reviews from other sites are going to what Mike is saying, octo orgy.
About 2 1/2 hours according to google maps and depending on border lineups. You are no longer octo virgin. You saw one in its den the other day. Because they are nocturnal, it is much more likely to see one out and about during a night dive. If you're going to see an octo during a day dive odds are that it'll be in its cave. Of course there are exceptions to every rule and ymmv, but I wouldn't bet on it.

It's about a 90 min drive give or take once you are across the border. I've seen octopus there every time. 5 on one dive I think but usually at least 2 or 3. Tons of other life too due to the current that rips around the jetty. Check the currents at http://www.mobilegeographics.com:81/locations/45.html and try to get in 30 min before slack although current predictions are just that as Dale and I found out last time there. We were near the end of the jetty on our first dive right around "slack" but the current was pretty strong then our second dive was in the middle of a flood or ebb and no current at all. Go figure. Anyway there are also hot showers there to which can be nice as the site is pretty exposed and more often than not windy and cold. Bring some or get some US quarters for the shower (50 cents for 3 min) Would love to join you guys there as I haven't been diving since mid Sept but can't go next week.

Hey Mike, I might be up for Keystone. I've never been but I keep hearing great things about it. What time were you planning to be there by?

I can not do keystone, no passport to cross the border. You guys can go and have a good dive :)

If we stay local, I can make it for at least one dive.

LOCAL, LOCAL, LOCAL....

Updating list and votes. Am I missing something?

DaleC -local?
corona1986 -?
mustang -local
Bradnerboy -local
Slamfire -local
TheWetRookie -local

2nd group
bighiller and Mrs. -Keystone
askdjsad -Keystone
cram -Keystone

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back