Official Remembrance Day 2010 dive thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh and Yes to those that have asked to ride with me for carpooling.

Dale it is your call since you did the invite.

Just an fyi, if we do Madrona I will be maximizing my bottom time on the main wall and most likely bringing an O2 bottle and do it as a deco dive, 32% for back gas.
Are you planning on doing just one dive or two? You'll not go into mandatory deco til after 30 mins on 32% at 100'. Are you planning on doing one looong dive while the rest of us do 2? Aha! you're still in competition with Stuart or Brandon for the longest dive. Is that it? My doubles are going to be with 25% after I top them off and right now I have 40 ft3 of 50% in a stage rigged Al 80. Let me know more or less what you plan to do (depths and times). That way I can plan accordingly. It wouldn't be a unified team dive but I could probably shadow you for a big portion of your planned dive. Quoting Dale, it would be more like social solo dives.

Well, knowing myself if I take my camera I will be pushing the limits, draining my tanks dry, so I might as well go prepared. I could always deco it out on back gas but it is just as easy for me to bring and O2 bottle to clean up on. Tell you what, I will limit the first dive on the main wall to 90 minutes.

I plan on doing 2 dives, the second if we stay at Madrona would be the shallow small wall which the bottom is at about 40', I will keep this dive short :wink:. This is a nice little wall.

Though a bunch of us would like to go to Madrona, what does Dale want?

Well, the talk seems to be leaning towards Madrona, which sounds interesting so, unless there's some reason not to, let's say that's the plan and prep for it. I'll do 32% on the first wall dive and plan a casual, shallower dive with my doublehose for the second.

Anyone who wants to come but doesn't have a carpool space yet speak up. We'll figure out something to keep the costs down.

You guys are awesome btw, I've missed getting out with many of you since I started school and my wife switched to her weekend killer shifts :)

Well, my missus hasn't chimed it, but I'm game.

I prefer to car pool with someone, just let me know who.

I'll be using my 72cf 32% until they are near empty and I can time out deco pretty well, so a few minutes won't kill me if I time it. I end up blowing gas just finding the damn walls when I go it alone. (I am immune to DCS!!! ....famous last words...)

Let me know who has room for two (the missus will likely go too). I'll know 100% when I chat her up tonight. We still *may* go to Keystone.

Just so everyone is aware, this dive is just fine recreationally within NDLs. For me I just want to maximize my dive due to the cost and travel time of the trip.

So with Dale's blessing we are doing Madrona and by the looks of it, these are the people wishing to ride over with me, if not, let us know so I can add others that need a ride. I can only take 6 (myself included)

Bighiller
corona1986
Cram
askdjask
Slamfire
TheWetRookie (me :) )

For ferries there is a 6:30am and an 8:30am ferry over. I am for reserving the 8:30 ferry over. Since it is a holiday, I think it is best to reserve the going over since the ferries will most likely be busy.

Pm me for my address

looks excellent.
I've heard so much about madrona point so hopefully I'll be able to spot my first eel and octo.

looking at some of the pics, seems that the "parking lot" can only hold about 4 cars.

curious... what's the plan on the entrance? seems like there's 2, one with a substantial swim and the other with (what appears) an ansell entry.
I'm guessing the entrance is madrona drive?

The entry is easy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom