Official Remembrance Day 2010 dive thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm up for Keystone, but the border is always a crap shoot. I've haven't dived Madrona yet, but hear it's nice.

In any case, I'm game.

Dale, ping me about carpooling.

A couple of factors to consider for the choice of destination:

A lot of divers? Parking at Tuwanek or Keystone might be an issue :idk:

Do we want to have a destination dive or more of a local get together to include as many as want to come :idk:

So far the choices seem to be:

Victoria area
Tuwanek/sunshine coast
Keystone
Local

How about a bit more discussion and then a vote by the weekend. If some Vancouver Island divers were game we could do a SB hands across the water meet and greet.

Todd, sounds good, we'll talk about CPing.

I'm also in for some diving next thursday, it goes into black ops time, but I am fiending for a huge meet again.
I'm good for anything, though odgen would be stellar, I'm dying to see it.. though according to Mark's website, odgen point is ass for visibility.

but Mike knows.. I'm REALLY easy, I hope sintax's leg is all better too so he can come join us.
Anyone up for carpooling? I'm in surrey but can get to wherever I need to go :)

For car pooling, I have a van with a trailer so the gear can go in it and I can take a total of 6 in the van ( # includes me). And I have lots of parking by my place or we can meet at the church at the top of Taylor Way in North Van.

I'm in too, for diving and carpooling.

I'm in for carpooling and diving. I can take two or three people if need be or I can ride with Mike B. I vote for local, but I'm willing to go farther if the vote is not favorable.

Hey I was talking to Todd tonite and the divesite Madrona was said as an idea, its a great site wolf eels and octopus iv been there a few times but it would be new to Todd. Its like a 20min drive north of Nanaimo

Madrona is a nice site, parking is a premium (very little so car pooling a must). About 30 minutes from the ferry, 20 minutes will get your car impounded :wink:

Wall beach is right beside it and it can be a nice wolf eel site also, (5 minutes away) or there is Tyee. Or we do both dives at Madrona which the dive site is big enough for that.

I am fine for going over though I would like to hear from the others before committing to this though it sounds like a few already are game.

Just an fyi, if we do Madrona I will be maximizing my bottom time on the main wall and most likely bringing an O2 bottle and do it as a deco dive, 32% for back gas.

Oh and bring the camera :)

Well, I think I'd do Madrona, so long as we go with someone that knows that site. I wanna see octos (Kyle) and wolf eels!

I'll chat up the missus and see if she's game. We'd like to carpool as the ferry ride is pretty pricey and would be made hella cheaper is we car-pooled.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom