For Sale Official Freedom Plate List: Please respond here.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How do the new plates compare with the 0009 I posted earlier?
0009 was the original first generation plate designed to be used with an old style Oxycheq Signature wing which was considerably wider than the newer Mach V design. That plate was a simple one piece design and the wing just got sandwiched in between the plate and tank, and the whole unit was held together by the tension of the cam bands. You can still use it, uou just need to find a wing with wider slots like an OMS donut wing or perhaps a hollis? The bottom slots on the plate are really wide so the wing used needs to have slots as wide or wider than the plate.
When Oxycheq came out with the Mach V wing I had to change the design of the plate because that was the go-to wing at the time. I used to be an Oxycheq dealer years ago.

Hi Eric,
I posted in the other thread on October 12th.

I'm 169 cm which looks to be 5' 6 1/2". But I'm pretty broad in the shoulders and waist...no one looks at me and calls me "small" :wink: Would a small or medium work better? I think I would prefer the Stainless Steel version.

Thanks a lot,
Dan

Hi Eric,
I posted in the other thread on October 12th.

I'm 169 cm which looks to be 5' 6 1/2". But I'm pretty broad in the shoulders and waist...no one looks at me and calls me "small" :wink: Would a small or medium work better? I think I would prefer the Stainless Steel version.

Thanks a lot,
Dan
It goes according to height.
You would use a small.

I would love a Large in SS. I also actually live in Santa Rosa as well!
Wow! Cool!
You’ll get to get fit up in person with a tutorial, then we’ll go diving!
I’m setting up another guy who’s new and will need an acclimation dive, maybe we can go to Fort Ross, Stillwater, or Gerstle when it lays down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom