For Sale Official Freedom Plate List: Please respond here.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi All,
I need a simpler method for collecting names for people wanting a plate, so this is now the new official Freedom Plate waiting list thread where I can have a comprehensive list of names all in one place.
I already have a partial list going on a clip board in the shop, but info comes in scattered between PM’s here, emails on either my yahoo or gmail accounts, texts, phone calls, etc. and it get’s really hard to keep track.
So even if you already know you’re on the list please re-respond here with a rough date of when you first inquired so I can maintain some measure of fairness for your place in line.
I know this may seem redundant, but please work with me here, and sorry for the inconvenience.

I also want to appologize for my insane work schedule with my other business and neglecting the FP venture. It has taken off by ten fold for some reason. Sometimes I don’t get back here to check on things for several weeks. I really want to make everything work and make everyone happy but there are only so many hours in a day.

Here are some specs to help you out.

The newest model V-4 (stainless version) is going to be made out of 304 throughout. The aluminum version will be standard 5052. (For the technical minded people out there, FWIW).

Small: 14” tall, weighs about 4 lbs with the rail, and uses 9.5” center holes for the rail. The wing used needs to have a secondary set of grommeted holes that have 9.5” centers (which most do) to be bolted on in between the rail and plate. The small fits people between 5’2” and 5’7”.

Medium: 15” tall, weighs about four and a half lbs, and has standard 11” center holes for the rail/wing. The Medium fits people between 5’7” up to 6’1”.

Large: 16” tall, weighs 5 lbs, 1.25 oz.
Also 11” center holes. Fits people between 6’1” up beyond 6’6”.

There will be an indentical Aluminum version in the near future. They are a little less than half the weight of stainless.

All plates come completely deburred and edges rounded over with an industrial utility polish on the face.

The wing I’m recommending and endorsing as of this writing is the VDH Argonaut single tank wing.
There are several other wings that will work fine, but I have experience with the VDH wing and can testify to it’s incredible streamlined profile, build quality, and value.

Right now I’m looking at winter to get started on this. My other business will slow down during the rainy season and that’s when I make plates.

Thanks everyone!

Soloist - Aluminum size Medium since sometime 2014

uncfnp - Aluminum size Small 2014

Medium Aluminum. I just asked now.

I can wait because I already have a SS FP that works just fine for me in colder conditions, attend to the first timers first.

Your choice of a premium Al alloy got me to thinking that it would be really nice to have one for warmer diving...

Large steel, asked a year ago as it is likely custom (I'm 6'-7")....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom