For Sale Official Freedom Plate List: Please respond here.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

upload_2020-1-11_16-56-5.jpeg
3c6b7243-2f77-4b95-92d0-1884db9f1703

I’m an idiot.
Anyway, the EZ Pak next to it’s inspiration.

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-11_17-25-58.jpeg
    upload_2020-1-11_17-25-58.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 53
Thanks for the reply! Could you put me down for the SS Contour in Medium; No polish with the bottom tank stand-off. Thanks and looking forward to it!

Just wanted to check in. I have a small SS plate and I really like it. I also ordered the bottom offset wedge, but I can say that I don’t notice a difference with and without it. I don’t know if it makes it better or worse but I have a rather big butt; do a lot of deadlifts haha. Could be some people are wearing the plate too low which makes the tank angle towards their butt rather than away from it?

Anyway, for me the plate is perfect: I’m perfectly neutral at my safety stop in a 3 mm wetsuit and no extra lead!

Hi, I am down for a med SS on page 26, post #252. I have 2 boys that are currently 8 & 9. We've blown bubbles in a pool and the they are both anxious to take the OW class. The 9 YO will be 10 this fall. Put me down for 2 small aluminum plates, so a total of 3 (1 med SS and 2 sm Al).

Hi, I am down for a med SS on page 26, post #252. I have 2 boys that are currently 8 & 9. We've blown bubbles in a pool and the they are both anxious to take the OW class. The 9 YO will be 10 this fall. Put me down for 2 small aluminum plates, so a total of 3 (1 med SS and 2 sm Al).
@1967Goat
How tall are the boys?
Are you sure you want alums and not s/s? Where are you guys going to be diving and how much suit will they be wearing. Also, al 63’s or 80’s I presume? The small s/s are 3 lbs.

Hi @Eric Sedletzky-
They are currently 53". They'll probably be about 54" or 55" or so by the time the 9 YO takes his OW class next fall (He turns 10 in early Dec, and we usually take vacation the last week of Nov). The 8YO is 14 months behind him, so I figured I'd get everything at once. We are pretty much warm water/vacation divers. I hihgly doubt they'd do any kind of cold water diving for a few years. I am guessing they'd do al 63's. I am completely open to SS or AL for their plates. If you think SS would be better, I am open to going that route instead...whatever you think is best!

You might want to ask around for other opinions from people with more warm water experience than me since I never dive warm water and don’t know the best weighting.
But I’ll guess that If they were wearing 3 mils then I would probably say s/s.
When they grow and get up over 5’-6” - 5’7” they will need to upgrade to mediums if they choose to continue on with the FP.
Stainless plates might be easier to re-sell.
There another thing, I might be replacing aluminum plates with a thin stainless version. I’ve made a few 1/16” thick (14 GA) stainless plates and they are about half the weight of the 1/8” (10 GA) version, so that might also be an option. People seem to like them and I like them.
I have a dislike for aluminum when it comes to diving products, it’s not as strong and I don’t particularly care for the working properties even though it’s soft, it’s too soft. Overall, stainless is a superior material.

Hey @Eric Sedletzky
I'm just now catching up with this thread and all the awesome new info!
I am so stoked to hear about the thin SS option.
I should already be somewhere on your list for an aluminum plate, and I would rather change that order to the thin stainless size medium if possible ? Thank you!
Ethan Savitsky
Ethan@BlackWillowRanch.com

You might want to ask around for other opinions from people with more warm water experience than me since I never dive warm water and don’t know the best weighting.
But I’ll guess that If they were wearing 3 mils then I would probably say s/s.
When they grow and get up over 5’-6” - 5’7” they will need to upgrade to mediums if they choose to continue on with the FP.
Stainless plates might be easier to re-sell.
There another thing, I might be replacing aluminum plates with a thin stainless version. I’ve made a few 1/16” thick (14 GA) stainless plates and they are about half the weight of the 1/8” (10 GA) version, so that might also be an option. People seem to like them and I like them.
I have a dislike for aluminum when it comes to diving products, it’s not as strong and I don’t particularly care for the working properties even though it’s soft, it’s too soft. Overall, stainless is a superior material.
I will go stainless then. 3 total stainless, 1 Med and 2 small. If you go thinner we'll get those, if not we'll take the current offering. Whatever is easiest for you. Thank you, -keith

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom